Re-flashing Librem 5: Jenkins error

I’m trying to re-flash my Librem and the script from documentation is throwing an error. Please help.

./scripts/librem5-flash-image
2024-06-12 09:34:11 INFO Looking for librem5r4 luks byzantium image
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/user/Downloads/librem5-flash-image/./scripts/librem5-flash-image", line 538, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/home/user/Downloads/librem5-flash-image/./scripts/librem5-flash-image", line 464, in main
    image_ref = find_image(args.image_job, board, args.variant, args.dist, args.stable)
  File "/home/user/Downloads/librem5-flash-image/./scripts/librem5-flash-image", line 275, in find_image
    return find_image_jenkins(jobname, board, variant, dist)
  File "/home/user/Downloads/librem5-flash-image/./scripts/librem5-flash-image", line 224, in find_image_jenkins
    info = server.get_job_info(jobname)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jenkins/__init__.py", line 462, in get_job_info
    response = self.jenkins_open(requests.Request(
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jenkins/__init__.py", line 564, in jenkins_open
    return self.jenkins_request(req, add_crumb, resolve_auth).text
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jenkins/__init__.py", line 578, in jenkins_request
    self._maybe_add_auth()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jenkins/__init__.py", line 407, in _maybe_add_auth
    raise JenkinsException(
jenkins.JenkinsException: Unable to authenticate with any scheme:
auth(kerberos) Timeout value connect was <object object at 0x74211a5886d0>, but it must be an int, float or None.
auth(anonymous) Timeout value connect was <object object at 0x74211a5886d0>, but it must be an int, float or None.
commit 786da3ed11ccb8f2c7f4ede4ca7a17271d9b2fff (HEAD -> main, origin/main, origin/HEAD)
Merge: e501c45 98fc72e
Author: Angus Ainslie <angus.ainslie@puri.sm>
Date:   Sun Oct 8 13:13:05 2023 +0000

Merge branch 'reboot' into 'main'

1 Like

Add the --stable argument/flag to bypass the Jenkins API.

Or  :mag: JenkinsExceptionProblems flashing Librem5

1 Like

Looks like --stable uses Jenkins too:

./scripts/librem5-flash-image --stable
2024-06-12 10:17:45 INFO Looking for librem5r4 luks byzantium image
2024-06-12 10:17:51 INFO Found disk image Build "stable" 'Last stable librem5r4 build' from Fri Jun 23 22:21:40 2023
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/user/Downloads/librem5-flash-image/./scripts/librem5-flash-image", line 538, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/home/user/Downloads/librem5-flash-image/./scripts/librem5-flash-image", line 478, in main
    uboot_ref = find_uboot(UBOOT_JOB_NAME.format(uboot_board))
  File "/home/user/Downloads/librem5-flash-image/./scripts/librem5-flash-image", line 282, in find_uboot
    info = server.get_job_info(jobname)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jenkins/__init__.py", line 462, in get_job_info
    response = self.jenkins_open(requests.Request(
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jenkins/__init__.py", line 564, in jenkins_open
    return self.jenkins_request(req, add_crumb, resolve_auth).text
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jenkins/__init__.py", line 578, in jenkins_request
    self._maybe_add_auth()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jenkins/__init__.py", line 407, in _maybe_add_auth
    raise JenkinsException(
jenkins.JenkinsException: Unable to authenticate with any scheme:
auth(kerberos) Timeout value connect was <object object at 0x7807577886c0>, but it must be an int, float or None.
auth(anonymous) Timeout value connect was <object object at 0x7807577886c0>, but it must be an int, float or None.

@irinewade I used a search query that’s specific to my problem, not the exception name Search results for 'Unable to authenticate with any scheme' - Purism community

1 Like

Okay, follow these instructions:

Thanks! I think

solved the problem. If someone at Purism is reading this - please update the docs

1 Like

The documentation already has those instructions, but the issue is that the command provided is confusing due to the two periods:

It is not clear how to update the documentation, and when I asked @JCS about this months ago, I did not receive a response, so nothing has been done about it since.

1 Like

It’s a work in progress. I am updating that document specifically, and that command is on my list as having that exact problem (along with other updates to that document). However there are some blockages in the process at the moment.

3 Likes

That tripped me up, too, the first time around.

Another problem is that there seem to be multiple sets of differing instructions here and there.

1 Like