Screen blanking with external monitor

yes I have noticed that when the CPU gets busy, I get blanking. It’s infuriating.

Hey Purism, this is still an issue.

@gdanko i’m on a Librem-Mini 2020 with latest core-boot and my external monitor is just fine. it blanks only if i tell it to in the GNOME settings.

PureOS Amber stable

look under

i hope i understood correctly that the problem was BLANKING not BLINKING …

Was this ever formally raised as a support issue?

I don’t know.

you might @ at somebody from the support-group …

Email would be better.

2 Likes

@gdanko I have at some point updated to the latest PureBoot and things with screen blanking have changed. I’m using my Librem now similary to you, always plugged in and connected to an external monitor. The screen blanking issue seems to be mostly gone when I freshly reboot the computer. If the screen ever goes to sleep, blanking issues start occuring again, mostly when CPU load is high, but since the PureBoot update it seems like this is not always the case anymore.

I have no idea how these things could hang together. It seems like putting the computer to sleep does not make the screen blanking issue occur later, but that remains to be seen. I thought this might be something you’d like to check out and test, again, I have no idea how, why, etc., this is purely empirical.