Screen protector for the Librem 5

We do stock a privacy screen, screen protector that acts a lot like laptop privacy screens in terms of restricting the viewing angle so people can’t shoulder surf as easily.

3 Likes

Hey Kyle, Gardiner mentions this in his review is that the same issue the dust under the protective screen?

Yes, that screen is supposed to be removed. It’s just intended to protect the screen during shipping.

4 Likes

I received an e-mail from Celicious on 02/02/21 confirming that their robust line of screen protectors and privacy screens for the Librem 5 are sized for the Aspen/Birch/Chestnut/Dogwood batches with the 150mm long case, so that they will be usable but slightly short for use on the 153mm long Evergreen case.

Everyone who is interested, please ask Celicious to offer products for the Evegreen with the 153mm.case. I put in my pitch to them.

3 Likes

Celicious Customer Service reported to me on 02/08/22 that their screen products are made by ViaScreens who will be making Librem 5 products for the 153mm case available on their website in the next few days.

I tried going to ViaScreen’s website, but my Firefox browser returned a security warning about an invalid certificate and I choose not to make and exception.

Waiting to hear from Celicious when they expect to have the longer Librem 5 products available.

4 Likes

Update: Celicious Customer Service reported to me on 02/10/21:

–ViaScreen site SSL error issue is resolved. So, I’m happy to now share the link to their Librem 5 screen protectors (nine products), currently sized for Aspen/Birch/Chestnut/Dogwood:
https://viascreens.com/screen-protectors/purism/

–ViaScreen will have their Librem 5 Evergreen products available “within the next couple of weeks”. After that, they will become available at Celicious as well.

6 Likes

@BrentMpls, I added your info to the community FAQ and Tested Accessories pages

I checked on 02/24/21 and ViaScreens is now offering 9 screen products for “Librem 5 Evergreen” with the 153mm case. They are also still offering 9 screen products for “Librem 5” with the 150mm case for Aspen/Birch/Chestnut/Dogwood.
https://viascreens.com/screen-protectors/purism/

In addition, they have many screen products for other Purism devices.

5 Likes

A protective case will also be a must have for me :rofl:
Too many accidental drops in my history…

I’ve seen suggestions of 3D printing…

For residents in the U.S… expect something in the neighborhood of $7.25 for 5-8 day shipping via DHL (or $21.68 for 2-3 days).

Noted on 03/11/21 that newegg is now offering four Celicious screen protector products for the Librem 5 Evergreen: invisible, anti-shock, anti-glare, and mild anti-glare.
https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=librem+5+evergreen

Curiously, Celicious L5 Evergreen products do not yet appear on the Celicious site itself, just their nine existing products for the Aspen/Birch/Chesnut/Dogwood with the 150mm case.

5 Likes

Mine fits fine, but I don’t undestand the warning along the bottom, right to left in reverse:

Objects on screen are closer than they appear.

Do I have it on backwards?

1 Like

Ive opted to go with the Simple Liquid Glass

I have already emailed their support department requesting the L5 to be added to their coverage list.

1 Like

I have always liked the ArmorSuit screen protectors, so I sent the company a custom size to make. They said they could make it, but were worried about the install process. It is a wet install and they said they couldn’t find an IP rating for the Librem 5. Anyone do a wet install protector yet, or thoughts on the real risks to the device?

2 Likes

What is a “wet install”?

the screen protector needs either be wet or the devices screen needs to be wet

I never did a wet installation of some screen protector. I installed once upon a time one on my Openmoko Freerunner https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Openmoko many years ago, but this was sticking by its own.

How do you remove and replace that protector after it has gotten some scratches?

1 Like

It’s just a mist from a mini spray bottle, which helps it stick and get rid of bubbles when it dries, but it moistens the screen pretty well. I suppose not too much more than it gets wet in your pocket if you’re really sweaty outside. When you need to replace it, it just peels off like a normal screen. It’s not a permanent glue or anything.

3 Likes