Sent money -can't get phone

@ everyone!

GOT IT!! :partying_face:

Iā€™m quite OK with the value now. I have the email and papers with the value. In Canada, taxes are applied to the price of the product. Some businesses, small ones that I know of, and the ā€œlawā€ as it is written on the government website, can get some taxes back at tax time.

Yes, JoĆ£o was kind enough to forward me the ā€œpacking slipā€. Iā€™m not sure what JoĆ£o does at Puri but I have a feeling he stepped out of his normal job to help out. Thank you JoĆ£o :1st_place_medal:

@Quarnero, much thanks. You helped a lot and thanks for the promotion to ā€œentityā€ :grinning: Blessings to you.

Each province decides if they want to convert from GST to HST. BC did, and taxpayers, near election time, gave politicians an ultimatum, be voted out or return to GST. We have GST back.

From their site, and I quote them, ā€œIMPORT DUTY AND/OR TAX AND CUSTOMS CLEARANCE SERVICES CHARGES PAYMENT RECEIPT.ā€

I like to send them an ā€œAND/ORā€

I will agree that many things ā€œshouldā€ be different, but I was buying the phone from a buyer turned seller. Seller told Puri to change address, Puri did and I think shipped the next morning. Voila!

I imagine Puri might be investigating their policy or procedures about such things. My hope is they donā€™t say no to a similar situation. It would deter others from buying a phone sooner than later. There is a que in every retail store waiting for a customer. Oil and water donā€™t mix- - L5 and Oil, donā€™t mix either.

Phone is due maybe Friday 27 but IMO, as they note, due to supply chains and COVID blah blah excuses, maybe laterā€¦ DHL gives the word ā€œExpressā€ a bad name.

Sidenote: 6 people have already asked me to let them know when itā€™s here because they want be there for the ā€˜unveilingā€™ and to see it in action. I think Iā€™ll make a sign for the door ā€œLeave all cell phones here.ā€ so the L5 doesnā€™t have to be sterilized after coming so close to their digital devices. :slight_smile:

~s

2 Likes

I think they have already announced a more general change towards a model of not funding the development of new products via crowd-funding from would-be buyers. That alone will make it less likely in the future that selling oneā€™s place in the queue will be a scenario. Problem solved (once parity is reached for the Librem 5).

Yea i mixed that up. The value of US Dollar was higher for one AUS Dollar. Like 1 AUS Dollar was like something 1 or more US-Dollar.

@joao.azevedo it is the best, he never gaming.

1 Like