SIP Phone Providers

You are making/receiving the calls with Gnome Calls?

I have a JMP phone number. When I setup Chats with the JMP account as XMPP, I get texts to the JMP number.

I get “Account encountered an error” when entering or trying to use JMP via a VOIP account with Calls. :grimacing:

The transport defaults to UDP and the Port to 0. Maybe it should be something else?

I know that port is wrong.

So I couldn’t tell from the replies here, whether or not your own personal SIP service should work within STIR/SHAKEN (once it has been fully implemented) or not.

XMPP client port is 5222 and sip is 5060.

So I figured…

OK, bear in mind that I am using Gnome Calls here.

So I tried 5222 and got: Account is offline; domain could not be resolved.

Later, without doing anything further, I got: Account encountered an error; Internal error occurred.

Progress, I think.

It’s been pretty quiet on the VOIP front, so I would give a short personal update. I installed Gajim and entered a login to my JMP/Cheogram account. It connected on port 5222.

GOOD: I can send/receive messages to other XMPP users… and seemlessly send/receive SMS to mobile phones by adding them contact as “+1<phone#>@cheogram.com”.

ALMOST GOOD: I can make/take voice calls to both XMPP and telephone calls. I can hear the other party 5x5, but they cannot hear me.

TO DO: Test video calls and file transfer.

INTERESTING: I can open Calls, call the phone number associated with my XMPP account and the call loops back to ring Gajim. When I answer, it connects, but of course there is no feedback – because Gajim never patches the mic!

Anyone have experience Gajim?

How about any service other than Giigle Voice?

I wanted to let everybody now that I ordered and received a JMP.chat physical SIM. It works very well. I do not use it as my main cellular provider (I use Mint-Mobile) on the Librem 5. However, my experiments with it show the sim for JMP.chat to be very reliable.

This is cool because I can have WIFI calling and Cellular calling all on one number with JMP.chat.

6 Likes

You can even add multiple JMP numbers to your account (with additional subscription costs), and have them all on one device (and on all your devices). It’s a cool service.

6 Likes

You will have to report back if it continues to work without bugs, because that is very tempting :drooling_face:

2 Likes