Thunderbird version in green?

I have been complaining a lot about seeing an old version of Thunderbird in green, but I am told I should see a later version of 60. Maybe I have a problem of which I am unaware, though other things seem to be updating fine.

Can one person do me the favor of checking the version of Thunderbird by running:

sudo apt update
  sudo apt list thunderbird

I get:

thunderbird/green 1:52.9.1-1 amd64

Thanks.

on debian stable there is:
thunderbird/stable 1:60.4.0-1~deb9u1 amd64

Thanks, but I am not looking to install Thunderbird 60; I got it from Mozilla directly. I want to know what others see in PureOS ‘green.’

I am trying to figure out what is going on with the ‘green’ release with respect to me. Thunderbird 60 has been in ‘buster’ and PureOS ‘main’ since the beginning of November. I still see 52.9 in ‘green’ but I have been told version 60 is there. I have not figured out what is wrong with my system.

1 Like

I do not know pureOs but have you checked the package repository? it should be as debian to display it ‘less /etc/apt/sources.list’

Yep. I know about sources.list, and it is the same setup as Debian, as far as I know. Mine point to ‘green’ which is where PureOS users are supposed to get updates. All I was trying to do was learn if anyone else sees some version of Thunderbird 60 in ‘green.’ That will tell me if I may have some problem on my system, though I seem to be updating everything just fine, or if it is in the transfer process to ‘green’.

1 Like

sudo apt list thunderbird

gives me

Listing… Done
thunderbird/stable,now 1:60.4.0-1~deb9u1 amd64 [installed]
N: There are 2 additional versions. Please use the ‘-a’ switch to see them.

so
sudo apt list thunderbird -a

gives me

Listing… Done
thunderbird/stable,now 1:60.4.0-1~deb9u1 amd64 [installed]
thunderbird/stable 1:60.2.1-2~deb9u1 amd64
thunderbird/green,green 1:52.9.1-1 amd64

try apt-get dist-upgrade. is not that you marked thunderbird as blocked?
(but i dont know pureOs)

Thanks to both of you. All I wanted to know was what was seen in green. It appears that @nickbrum only sees 52.9 there too. That confirms what I am seeing.

My understanding was that updates were to be taken from green, so I have not been using stable or main. Anyway, I have the information I need.

2 Likes

FYI, Thunderbird 60.4 has now been propagated to green.

As you noted in another place, there were issues with the latest Thunderbird over-writing localization components which prevented it from coming from Main to Green. It’s there now.