Tubefeeder working for you guys?

Hello family o/

I am having trouble getting Tubefeeder started. Looking through the forums I don’t see anyone else having this problem.
Basically it app dose not start. If I don’t have any app opened and open Tubefeeder I only see the wallpaper, it dose not matter how long I wait.
Same thing is happening with the “Authenticator” app. This one loads for a bit then I see the wallpaper and nothing happens.
I am YouTube addict and Tubefeeder would make my life much easier.

Here is a video showing the issue: video

1 Like

I tried to load your Google Drive file, but nothing happened. You could try uploading to a PeerTube platform instead.

Use my Invidious instance then.

https://forums.puri.sm/t/vps-usage-suggestions/21788/27?u=franklyflawless

2 Likes

I think it should work. Works for me in a incognito window. Is google drive link share. I think the problem might be on your side. Don’t really want to make new accounts. :sweat:

1 Like

Is that to watch YouTube or to upload the video so you can see the issue?

EDIT: Ah, I see. Is like YouTube. Well, I can still use a browser to watch YouTube on the phone. It would be really nice if Tubefeeder worked tho.

1 Like

You can use it in a similar manner to Tubefeeder, so feel free to stream/download as many YouTube videos as you want.

I also attempted to use Tubefeeder and Authenticator on my Librem 5 USA, but I experienced the same issues as yours.

2 Likes

Ah, I see. Thank you. That’s a shame.
Is in the “compatible” list in the store. It should work I think :thinking:

1 Like

That was what I thought when I installed Clapper too.

1 Like

This authentication app (flatpak) works well: List of Apps that fit and function well [Post them here.] - #253 by amarok

2 Likes

Thank you, will keep in mind. An authentication is not a priority for me tho. I thought it might help troubleshoot why Tubefeeder isn’t working.
You reported that Tubefeeder worked for you? Can you check if that’s still the case?
Tubefeeder working would be a huge quality of life improvement on the Librem 5 for me. :drooling_face:

1 Like

The master list in that thread is compiled from apps that have been tested by either me or someone else here, and reported to work well enough, or from Purism’s previously published lists (not necessarily tested by me or someone else here), or from @linmob’s Linux app lists. (Links to Purism’s and @linmob’s lists can be found toward the bottom of the link you posted.)

As a rule, I steer clear of Youtube (even using a privacy-friendly app to access it) and every other Google product, unless I have no choice (reCAPTCHA, etc.), and excluding my degoogled Android (which still has to connect to some Google server). So I have no experience to share…

… other than this, which I tested very briefly once upon a time.

2 Likes

You can use the upstream package, which was renamed to Pipeline.

flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://dl.flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo

Then install Pipeline from the PureOS Store using the Flathub remote.

After opening Pipeline, if you want to use my Piped instance’s API, you can input it in Preferences by changing Piped API’s value to Custom using the dropdown menu, then replacing Custom Piped API’s value in the textbox below it from https://pipedapi.kavin.rocks to the hostname provided within my post below.

https://forums.puri.sm/t/vps-usage-suggestions/21788/34?u=franklyflawless

1 Like

@FranklyFlawless, you sir are my hero :heart:
I can watch YouTube now, huge! :partying_face:
You don’t happen to know if it’s possible to connect Odysee as well, right? I think in Tubefeeder’s description it was saying that you can watch videos from LBRY as well :thinking:

In any case, this is amazing! Thank you so so much!

EDIT: When going in Settings -> Import I only have NewPipe , YouTube and Cancel.

1 Like

It looks like LBRY support was removed across the app. Here is the GitLab repository for Pipeline:

I spotted a relevant quote in the README.md:

• Multiple platforms
    • YouTube (using Piped as the backend to prevent throttling)
    • PeerTube
    • suggest any other platform with a good API and it will be considered

If you create a GitLab issue or contact the Pipeline developers in their Matrix chatroom, I am certain we will get more information regarding LBRY’s omission.

1 Like