Unable to reinstall PureOS after Qubes install Librem 14

I gave Qubes a try on my Librem 14 and with all the battery issues I decided to go back to PureOS however, I can’t get the installer to run. I boot to the flash drive and select option 1 but It gets stuck at

Loading the new kernel:
Kecec - l …

kexec_core: starting new kernel.

Any idea what the problem is? I followed the directions on the pureos site to create the flash drive. I even tried creating the flash drive on 2 different computers and the Librem 14 gets stuck at the same spot.

1 Like

Update: I installed the beta version of pureOS and there were no issues. Was anyone else able to reinstall PureOS 9.0 on their Librem 14 V1?

1 Like

I missed the whole “battery issues thing”, can you elaborate on this? Is this a Qubes OS problem?

Qubes OS has a problem where after entering hibernation mode, it will no longer charge the battery. I also had a problem where the USB-C port would refuse to charge the battery at all while in Qubes OS.

I tried following the forums posts here but I still could not get USB C charging to work.

1 Like

Thank you! Did you have to install any drivers for the battery once you reinstalled? I am still having USB C issues. It shows that it is charging however, the battery level has not gone up in hours.

This sounds like your usb-c pd source isn’t providing enough juice to charge and run the laptop at the same time

I am using a 65-watt charger. I will try a more powerful one and see if that works. I should also note that it took over 5 hours to go from 30% to 100% with the supplied charger. Is this normal or is something going on here?

Seems like a 65W charger would be enough, maybe its not negotiating properly with the l14? :confused:

Sadly yes, the librem laptops charge quite slowly (both my l13 and my l14).