Updating to gnome calls 46

Oh yeah, that makes sense to kill the the process of the older version first.

Now what you can do is create a desktop shortcut to run the flatpak version without needing the terminal. You can follow this guide on how to make a .desktop entry.

You can find a different looking icon to make sure you do not confuse it with the older version.

2 Likes

Gracias! I gave it a quick test, so far so good, no ring tone (when reciving), and I dont know if it will work on boot or with calls via a cell network (but that I think is okay for now). It would be nice if I could fix ringtone though. I will check in the morning to see if the sip account is still connected.

3 Likes

In fact I was able to rebuild gnome-calls-46 (and many other packages) on byzantium. Calls has many dependencies and something can go wrong. Also I do not know how to revert back changes safety, so it is better to make backup. I will share all my packages in a week or two…

3 Likes

Excellent!! Thanks!!

1 Like

Also I figured out that I couldn’t hear a ring tone because the phone was on silent. And it seems you do need --user flag (at least if you installed under --user).
It seems like it will reconnect automatically after changing networks but my test isent quite the best yet

Sound’s like @galilley’s build will be available soon, but it would be nice if I could run the v46 flatpak at startup in the meantime.

1 Like