USB 3 not working

Brand new, with TPM, so it’s definitely new new. Does that seem even remotely possible?

New: USB C is powered too, so it’s just the USB3’s that are dead.

If the issue is as you suggest, how would I go about the fix? I’ve just spent a week getting it set up to my satisfaction, loading all of my stuff on in :expressionless:

edit: I missed that you stated L_13_ v2 not 15. hmm. Can I check somehow?
Thanks

You don’t have to reinstall anything to update Coreboot; just follow the instructions here: Building coreboot from source (official script).

E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), are you root?

Total n00b here, what do I do now?

Are you currently able to install software from the command line (i.e., what happens when you type sudo -i and press Enter)?

We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System
Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:

#1) Respect the privacy of others.
#2) Think before you type.
#3) With great power comes great responsibility.

[sudo] password for overboard:
xxx

now I am root :slight_smile: will try again…

Ok, that worked, but ended with a warning:

WARNING: Setting CRYPTSETUP in /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf is deprecated and will stop working in the future. Use /etc/cryptsetup-initramfs/conf-hook instead.
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/bxt_dmc_ver1_07.bin for module i915
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/skl_dmc_ver1_26.bin for module i915
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/kbl_dmc_ver1_01.bin for module i915
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/kbl_guc_ver9_14.bin for module i915
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/bxt_guc_ver8_7.bin for module i915
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/skl_guc_ver6_1.bin for module i915
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/kbl_huc_ver02_00_1810.bin for module i915
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/bxt_huc_ver01_07_1398.bin for module i915
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/skl_huc_ver01_07_1398.bin for module i915
root@Librem15:~#

should I be concerned?

I went here:

https://code.puri.sm/kakaroto/coreboot-files/raw/master/build_coreboot.sh

and copied it into tilix, which promptly locked up, and then disappeared…

Those are warnings, not errors, and they have to do with the fact that the Librems don’t contain any proprietary firmware; you can safely ignore them.

OK, thanks.
How to run the script? see above edit.

You want to download the build_coreboot.sh script, and the run it. In the terminal, change your directory (i.e, use the cd command) to where you saved it (presumably the Downloads folder). Then, type chmod +x build_coreboot.sh. Lastly, type ./build_coreboot.sh, and the script should direct you on what to do next.

I couldn’t find a ‘download’, so I pasted the text into a text editor, named it ‘build_coreboot.sh’ and proceeded from there. It appears to be doing it’s thing now.
thank you for your assistance, hopefully it results in functional USB3! At the very least, I got some more practice with CLI :grin:

edit:

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Thanks again, ezs777!

1 Like