Web browsers other than firefox that work?

Librem5 usa recent firefox-esr update will not open at all, I only used as back-up, I mainly used falcon now I can’t view pure OS forums using that because just today notification says browser not supported, need suggestions on new browser more or less secure suggestions please.

1 Like

Weird, i has been tested Firefox Engine versions for Purism Forum compatibilities and i can confirm que Gecko ESR 91+ still compatible with Purism Forum. Sound like a Firefox-Malvare autoenabled on Firefox to force you upgrading…

1 Like

Falcon on desktop on Mabox linux works fine here however the L5 just had problems here this morning a couple hrs ago. Why would Falkon change with the forum now? nothing downloaded today or change except for trying firefox again and there is something wrong with its new Fire Fox version.

I need something to work on this forum on the L5.
How do I use terminal to install Brave Browser… just sudo apt install brave?

1 Like

I never used Brave i dont know howto.

1 Like

FirefoxESR 128 is installed on my device and is also much faster than 115 or 102 (I don’t know about 91). So it’s more a “you” issue rather than a Firefox-L5 issue in general. With “you” I mean something only on your device that seems not to work.

2 Likes

Here is a link for Debian install of Librewolf…
Would this work on the L5?
sorry forgot link:

Or is there any alternative in FlatPak?

2 Likes

Any Gecko based browser still not ready for L5, as Gecko it a huge huge big so it need a least GLES 3.0 to work decent.

1 Like

GNOME Web/Epiphany.

1 Like

Yes Epiphany it is the native Browser for Librem 5. However it need GPU GLES 3.0 for Engine and Framework. So GLES 3.0 is critical for Librem 5 Performance.

1 Like

@spring2 wants a suggestion for an alternative web browser that reliably works, regardless of how performant it is. I have no other suggestions outside of Firefox ESR for ARM64.

2 Likes

I installed LibreWolf from a FlatPak. Generally works fine, and I don’t have any serious issues. I do change the Librem display zoom to 150% (from the default 200%); that helps pages fit on the screen right, since the FlatPak I got doesn’t really know it’s on a phone screen.

1 Like

To fix your Firefox install see Firefox "failed to read config file" - #13 by linmob

For further mobile-friendly web-browsing options see LinuxPhoneApps.org

1 Like