XMPP clients L5

Will try it in the near future, if that sole some issues and think my daily driver Librem5 will outrace the android with this feature.

Any opinions on the servers? Which to use, what do you use to identify good ones and any thoughts on setting up your own?

As a follow up to this post and previous posts, I wanted to let people know that I can make good, high-quality voice calls on Dino now using JMP.chat and Dino. For now, everything seems to be working as it should be - other than I appear to be having some notification problems which I addressing in a separate post. The messaging also mostly works well.

3 Likes

Hi JR-Fi,

i think this is not important because you indirect use Servers with other IDs, if you communicate with 3erd Party. And They use a Smartphone OS you can not control and like Email a third Party E-Mail System… which can try to read and analyses every email crossing.

However encryption can save you from some minor issue. Local OS AIs … you know. You can run and Setup your own Server but that is not so easy and you can not be sure if your follows or Families use it the way you like to have to use it.

Hi @flanders51 as of the time of my post, did you have to make any customizations or install anything other than standard packages?

I have jmp.chat and a jmp.chat physical sim in my L5.

Do you know of any steo by step guides to getting L5 up to snuff to use Dino + jmp.chat for txt and voice?

Thank you.

Not really. Just followed the steps in Dino.

I must correct my post, though, I can sometimes call people but it does not always work to call. Also, people can call me and I see them calling but I cannot answer them. I am hoping the next version of Dino works better as it is real close.

SMS and MMS work great. No problems.

1 Like