$85 100GB AT&T vs $99 Unlimited AweSim

Purism’s products seem to provoke very strong reactions ranging from love to hate in many people, and it is hard to try and maintain some kind of standards when trying to evaluate their relative strengths and weaknesses.

Humans are inherently tribal, which is actually a good group survival strategy in preindustrial societies, but it creates all sorts of problems in the modern age, when we become tribal about brands, sports teams, political parties, etc. I would like to think that I set goals, and I support products when those products agree with the goals, but I have to admit something about Reddit brings out my own tribal instincts and I become a partisan just like everyone else.

Another thing is that Purism is trying to promote change, and this kind of activism is inherently an emotional activity, because you have to believe that a better future is possible. What this means is that some people can become disillusioned, and others get angry when their “team” gets criticized.

Your response is a fair response but not a surprising one.

I have to confess that while I tend to be pretty loose about FOSS, I myself struggle with taking Microsoft technology seriously. Even when it is, by all accounts, quite good. So I understand the struggle.