9 months waiting for a $5000 laptop

I’ve been waiting over 9 months for a laptop with support not assisting and only saying they are unable to send it

What are my options ?

2 Likes

Hi Bigfilly
If you don’t mind me asking, but what exactly did you order?

I took the liberty of selecting a librem 14 with the most expensive options and it sums up to $3,383.00 (all items in stock).

Can you give us some more info about your order (without revealing personal data)?

1 Like

I ordered a Librem 14 about 7 months ago, and it was shipped and arrived in my hands about 5 months ago.

Is it possible that your order includes a component that is back-ordered and not available? That way, Purism would be delaying sending it because they would feel they do not yet have everything that was ordered to ship out at one time.

If you ask them about this, they might be willing to send the portion of the order that they do have, such as the laptop itself.

I am not affiliated with Purism, so my thoughts are merely speculation.

2 Likes

Yep that’s what I ordered

1 Like

All I get is that they cannot find a shipping company to post it from support.

1 Like

OK, but you mentioned a $5000.00 laptop.
So I wondered what options you had chosen to come to that figure.
Obviously I must be missing something, but never mind.
About the waiting: That’s a very long waiting queue.
I suggest ping support again.

1 Like

Isn’t there a problem with shipping outside the US because of some dispute with DHL?

3 Likes

This is what happened to me when I ordered a laptop from a foreign company, it was stuck over an entire weekend in customs with DHL threatening to “return it” yet not providing a deadline to pay the import taxes just out right threats from DHL in email about how if the import tax was not paid within some unspecified timeframe that my order would be shipped back from where it came from

1 Like

Blockers with DHL were resolved a few days ago and the shipment backlog is actively being fulfilled. There shouldn’t be any outstanding issues with international shipping, unless there’s some information I’m missing.

3 Likes

Can you clarify what country you are in? Or at least approximately?

1 Like

In the absence of an answer to the previous, I would guess a country that uses dollars but not US$ e.g. :banana: Republic Dollars. Currency conversion would come out about right.

1 Like

Indeed. That must be it.
Why didn’t I think of that :upside_down_face:

1 Like