About entering the application keyring password when starting PureOS

When I start PureOS, I am asked for a keyring, but the keyboard symbol does not appear either, so I cannot put a password in the keyring. Japanese environment. How are users of languages from other countries supported? Please let me know if there is a better way.

1 Like

@guido.gunther

Do you know which keyring and which application is asking to access a key?

1 Like

yes i know.
It’s “Flare”. It starts at the same time as the OS starts, so if you don’t have a keyboard, you won’t be able to type in the password on your keyring.
The problem will be resolved if an icon that displays the keyboard is implemented at the bottom right.
Developers, please add a keyboard icon in the bottom right corner to allow entering the keyring password.

1 Like

Are you able to change it so that it does not start at boot time (or login time) and instead is started manually? Or, can you cancel the password entry and just start it a second time by starting it manually? Does that make any difference?

Maybe someone in this topic: Signal App not usable - Flare preferred has more experience with Flare.

Does any other keyring password entry work? For example, when I start Geary, the system will prompt to open a keyring for Geary to get email passwords from. Do you use Geary? Does it have the same problem?

1 Like