Accessories for Librem 5

Having just taken advantage of the sale, I can’t believe the deal.

Are there things like cases, screen protectors etc available? I didn’t see these on the Purism site.

2 Likes

No official phone cases.

Accessories (Phones) – Purism

If you are outside the US, it might be that your highest priority accessory should be a spare battery (since aviation rules make it difficult to impossible to ship a battery on its own). The OpenPGP card and the USB-C hub (dock) may also be of interest.

4 Likes

Purism’s website has all the “available” accessories. In regard to the case, if you search this forum, there are several posts related to making a DIY case. I specifically got the dimensions from this forum, went to a 3D printing website that I cannot recall but which is in the thread, had them print me a case, and it all worked great. There were some specific material you have to use though, or you will get a case where the plastic is not pliable enough (ask me how I know).

One of the cool (frustrating) things about the Librem 5 is that you have to be willing to adapt and think-outside-the-box a little. To me, that fits the what I perceive to be the standard Linux ethos. Figure it out. The sky is the limit. As well as an inverse, sometimes.

Enjoy the phone it is a whole different world from the other major players.

5 Likes

I definitely recommend a screen protector.
They scratch pretty easily, but better the protector gets scratched than your actual screen.

There is (was?) a third party selling L5 screen protectors, but when I last looked, they were the same price as from the Purism store after shipping (USA). Better the money goes to Purism anyways.

I also recommend a large microSD card if you’re like me and want extra storage on your tiny new GNU/Linux PC in your pocket.

2 Likes

:100:

:rocket:

The USBCereal it is a fancy Librem 5 accesories too.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. The phone is sort of a toy at this time, it was too good a price to pass up. But I’ll chase up the recommendations here

2 Likes