Account deletion

Since I dont see the option to delete my account I ask it here.

I believe that you can only delete your own account if you have only made one post. Therefore by making this post you have put yourself past that limit. It may have been better to privately message a site administrator or make contact via some other means.

Regardless of what you can do yourself and what site administrators can do, it is fundamentally problematic to delete a forum user - because it would leave topics, posts, quotes, messages hanging. So at best you may be able to become anonymised.

I recommend that you clear any profile information that you can and hopefully a site admin will anonymise your account.

1 Like

What account do you want deleted? Could you be more specific?

The current one.

You mean your forum account, or one of you Librem One service accounts?

1 Like

Forum of course.

Don’t know till you say so, hence why I asked for specificity :wink: . Unfortunately your forum account can’t be delete. As from the Admin panel:

Users can’t be deleted if they have posts. Delete all posts before trying to delete a user. (Posts older than 60 days old can’t be deleted.)

Can’t delete all posts. Some posts are older than 60 days old. (The delete_user_max_post_age setting.)

I am sorry about that but that’s how the forum software Discourse handles this sort of thing. Your account can be deactivated though. Feel free to send a DM to admins if you’d like to do that sort of thing rather than a public forum post.