Anbox on Byzanthium

I am also eagerly awaiting this. Thanks @dos Having f-droid helps a long way to making the Librem 5 more usable for me.

Thank you so much for the amazing job @dos :+1:
I can barely believe my eyes! :sweat_smile: Android, in a Linux container, on my new favourite phone!

• At first glance, it looks like microphone integration is working since I could record stuff inside Waydroid, but no camera integration… yet? :smirk:
  • Also, Waydroid seems to automatically create .desktop files inside ~/.local/share/applications/ with each APK installed. But the shortcuts are not showing on Phosh… yet? :smirk:

I’ll be playing around with the settings to see what can be done. Thanks again for your precious work. :pray:

2 Likes
  • At first glance, it looks like microphone integration is working since I could record stuff inside Waydroid, but no camera integration… yet? :smirk:

Yes and yes. The container is able to connect to host’s PulseAudio. Android doesn’t know what to do with our cameras though and it isn’t likely to change anytime soon.

• Also, Waydroid seems to automatically create .desktop files inside ~/.local/share/applications/ with each APK installed. But the shortcuts are not showing on Phosh… yet? :smirk:

I have intentionally patched Waydroid to make those shortcuts hidden because the “full UI” mode you get from the “Waydroid” shortcut works pretty well now, while launching individual apps directly still has some rough edges.

For the record, here are up-to-date instructions:

2 Likes

As another option, try Yet Another Tox:

There are binaries for aarch64 available for download.
Text works just fine, but I have an issue with A/V calls. (They only work on my laptop in amd64 version.)