[MyL5] Another Evergreen in the wild!

6 Likes

Seems that person doesn’t check the Purism Forum, eh?

3 Likes

There are more phones in the wild, but I would make the (bold?) observation that not all Librem 5 backers are:

• Bloggers
  • Redditers
  • Youtubers
  • Influencers
  • Forum users
24 Likes

He, he. Just as I suspected: Same, same … but different. Same questions on his side as you had. Glad, that we are conserving this in the wiki space. Btw. thanks for constantly updating. Everytime I stumble upon something new (e.g. IMEI question), I switch to wiki and find it already documented. Kudos to you.

4 Likes

No worries! :wink: Happy to help in any way I can. I’ll just be glad when somebody more savvy than me gets their phone(s) and starts posting really good tech tips and how-to’s.

5 Likes

Maybe we should count the number of known devices “in the wild” somewhere, for example in the FAQ, together with their calendar date.

2 Likes

With all the info you are passing on and all the hype created, I’d hope you’d get some Purism swag or a few months of LibreOne or something. Activity at this level should be rewarded - you essentially are the source for all real world experience for some time. Fifteen minutes days [weeks?] of fame :wink:

5 Likes

It’s like you’re saying those are mutually exclusive… :smirk:

I mean that would be cool, but I too would do all of this, and I wouldn’t expect a single thing, other than Purism keep pushing on and doing the great work that they are.

1 Like

It’s not about expecting - I’m sure @amarok isn’t, and I’m sure all of us wouldn’t - but deserving. This is just great.

1 Like

well I mean, nothing wrong with feeling that way, but even with the clarification, I don’t feel that way. I mean if Purism was like Apple big or something, sure. Would be a drop in the bucket.

1 Like

Lol! I wouldn’t accept anything anyway. I’m just happy to see the rapid pace of development, updates, and fixes coming from the team, and I’m hoping all the programming wizards in the forum will post all kinds of neat stuff to try. This is going to be a really amazing experience. How long have we all waited and wished for a true Linux experience on mobile?!

5 Likes

I don’t follow, sorry…

1 Like

Merely joking. What I was trying to imply was that the list could have been read: if X = “influencer”, then X ≠ “forum user” --> “forum user” ≠ “influencer” [add “ha ha”].

Ah! Ok, well it’s not exclusive but it does take some organization to post on all of them.

It is now 1 week with @amarok having received his device. And there are 2 pleople known owning a device. Of course, as said above, the majority / most / some / whatsoever will not shout out to in www that they have been delivered. But man, 2 devices known? How many where in the first batch? 10? 20? 50?

I am just absolutely stunned by the constantly recurring act of giving truth some kind of elasticity.

4 Likes

Q.E.D.
But fear not, imx8 is promised to be supported for 10 years by the manufacturer, so we have our time to wait our turn till its obsolescence.

2 Likes

Each week we send an email out to a new group of folks and ship phones from the previous week’s group. I’d love to see more people post about it in our community and I’m thankful for the folks that have already, because I’m already seeing a benefit from answering FAQ. Unfortunately whether a customer who got their phone is active online and wants to post about it is outside of our control.

11 Likes

So far, what percentage of actual Evergreen recipients have told us about it in this forum?

1 Like

Heh, nice try! But as you know we aren’t publishing weekly shipping numbers.

5 Likes