It was only six months ago that we formalized our anti-interdiction services so instead of being a “hidden menu item” that you had to ask about, it was available as a drop-down along with the PureBoot Bundle. While some vendors offer tamper evident tape to their boxes, to my knowledge we are the only hardware vendor to offer such a complete suite of custom anti-interdiction measures including:
- Glitter nail polish on screws
- Customized tamper-evident tape on a bag surrounding the laptop and its box
- PureBoot Bundle (to detect firmware/OS tampering) with a custom PIN
- Shipping the Librem Key and laptop separately (optionally to separate addresses) to further frustrate interdiction
- Customized threat model coordinated over encrypted email
- Sending pictures of the laptop measures we performed over encrypted email
We’ve processed a lot of orders between now and then and I thought now would be a good time to look back on the last six months and talk about how the program has gone so far and what I’ve learned.