Any other hardware that does both lapdock and desktop in one?

I have a librem 5 and a hp elite x3 which once I bought some thunderbolt cables seems to work fairly ok as long as I don’t move anything… (ok it’s a little finicky) … So I often use it because I can set it on a cooling station and hook up external keyboard / mouse / Ethernet but most importantly HDMI out of the dock and get 1080P desktop mode on external display. All this happens and it charges the phone so I can use all day as it’s sitting on a cooling fan. So with all that said… does anyone else know of a dock that can output to a external display in addition to the lapdock mode (for while on the go)? I ask because I got this dock used, and it’s sometimes hard to get it going and I don’t really know if they are all like this or it’s just this particualar one that is challenging to get going…

anyway thanks for listening, and any input you might have on librem 5 docking experiences would be great… Thanks

Net Nut

2 Likes

The Lapdock Kit also has a Mini HDMI-in (1.4a) port.

but what I read is that is an HDMI -in not an HDMI out which means you won’t output to a external monitor, but bring in a signal to the local dock

1 Like

Okay, compare with this resource: