Any UK owners selling a Librem 5?

Just curious if anybody on here is selling a Librem 5 in the UK (or at least a compatible model from Europe) on eBay or something. Looking for a new toy until Apple does something interesting. Figured it might be a good idea to buy a used Librem

1 Like

Search (:mag:) for posts in category “Hardware/Librem 5” and with tag “marketplace”. Units do come up for re-sale from time to time, but not so many that it is impractical to look at every topic to see which modem / location it is.

3 Likes

Plus, you can always swap the modems… although it’s a delicate op. So you can buy any Librem 5, and just buy a new modem from Purism, if needed.

3 Likes

I have never been to Europe, but will travel to Europe later this year. I was thinking of bringing a Librem 5, and so I ordered a Europe modem to where I live in the US. I think I have a layover in UK or something like that. Would I be crazy to try to sell my spare L5 (I liked the low tier device enough that I bought a “Liberty Phone” for the extra RAM and stuff) with its modem swapped out to the EU modem, maybe by handing it off in the UK airport at the end of my trip? [Otherwise, it is pretty unlikely that I will ever need the EU modem again, since I do not typically travel to EU.]

This is a brainstorm, not a promise that I will do this. I’m traveling with some other folks and they might tell me I was crazy to burn up time selling off my phone at the end of the trip.

1 Like

I think that you do not need to buy anything extra modem… as the same modem may working at Europe band just by burning Europe Firmware into modem. I untested.

1 Like

The plan sounds fine to me, as long as the buyer is serious, the price has already been established, and a rendezvous point has been agreed upon.

Not necessarily. There is more than one airport in the UK and the buyer could be many hundreds of kilometres from whichever airport is relevant. While an in person transaction has some merit, it may just not be convenient.

1 Like