Anyone here interested in buying my Librem 5?

I am not the only one who has had issues with getting the Librem 5 to call on T-Mobile. As for AT&T, all I know is that VoLTE did not work for me when I tried a cellular plan directly with AT&T and that mobile data stopped working after I contacted AT&T support and they told me my phone was not approved on their network.

1 Like

Wow, you have a fun time in the US. How do you tollerate such things? Can’t you initiate putting some legislation in place to protect people’s rights?

2 Likes

In theory I could work on getting my congressional representatives to work on such legislation, but due to the size of the governmental system (in particular the federal governmental system), and it would take many years of my life to try to create and push through something that I’m not sure the government would legislate anyway (in my opinion because they also want all the data they can get from closed mobile devices). I have a wife and four kids, and my time is better spent providing for and being with them than it is fighting a crooked system that I’ll likely won’t beat. Maybe at some point in my lifetime the United States will just become separate States and then I can have slightly more of a voice in my government.

Not to be a jerk, but these are two different things. The first means “we’re not helping you” and the second means “you can’t use that.” Or was it they said the first but meant the second?

2 Likes

I assume they meant (or said? I may have misremembered their exact words) that it is not approved to work on their network. Mobile data worked until I spoke with AT&T support, then it did not work after I spoke with them, hence my assumption that they blacklisted my modem.

1 Like

I’d figured connected devices wasn’t something they actively monitored but have been curious if they blacklist it once one was brought to their attention. I’m inclined to agree that what you said happened actually happened. No wonder you got fed up.

3 Likes

In theory, AT&T’s system would be aware of the device just by the routine capture of its IMEI, which will have known capabilities. Or, to put it another way, will or will not match a device in their “authorized” list. Maybe in this case their system didn’t flag it until @johnk got their attention.

I don’t know why AT&T feels the need to be so restrictive. Surely there are more devices from more OEMs that acquired VoLTE/HD Voice certification with AT&T than those on their whitelist. It’s also curious that AweSIM/SIMple is contracted with AT&T, yet they apparently disallow a Librem 5.

T-mobile is so much more user-friendly in most things.

1 Like

I removed the first screen protector I had applied immediately so as to show how perfect the screen is. I’m dropping the price to $850 (plus whatever shipping is) and including the 256 GB SanDisk High Endurance UHS-I microSDXC I bought for the Librem 5, if anybody is interested. It comes with the original box and all original components (except for the SIM tray ejector tool, unless you really need one). I just freshly reflashed it with the most recent image from Purism.

1 Like

Would anybody be interested if I dropped the price to $825 + shipping (whatever that would be for you)?

Would anybody be interested if I dropped the price to $800 + shipping (whatever that would be for you)? Still includes a brand new Impact screen protector (from ViaScreens) and 256 GB SanDisk High Endurance UHS-I microSDXC card.

Dang, I’m losing a lot of money on this. Would anybody be interested if I dropped it to $775 + shipping?

Maybe just go ahead and put it on ebay?

1 Like

My Librem 5 (and accessories) has been sold.

2 Likes