Anyone want to buy a like new 13?

Librem 13 (L13V2-US-TPM) x 1 shipped via FedEx on October 16, 2018 with tracking number .

Order details
Product Total

Librem 13 - English (US), Include × 1

Keyboard:

English (US)
tpm:

Include
Memory:

16GB (1x16GB) (+$209.00) $209.00
Storage (M.2 SSD):

500GB (NVMe) (+$499.00) $499.00
Storage (2.5" SATA 3 SSD):

None -$99.00
AC Adapter Power Plug:

US
Wireless:

Include Wireless
Librem Key:

Include (+$59.00) $59.00
Operating System:

PureOS + USB Flash Drive with PureOS OEM (+$10.00) $10.00
Warranty:

1 Year

$2,077.00

An interesting prospect.
How much would you like to sell for?

I will let it go for $1,500. It works great there are no issues. I am a newb to Linux and it is all above my head. I bought the key and installed the integrated bios. But realized it is too complex for me. You will need to work with support to get PureOS installed again. If I had more time I would get it done. I got a refund on my phone as well.

I might consider you offer but I have just bought a 15v4.

Is there any possibility that you might want to keep using it ? I am willing to help you with it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool, I would appreciate that immensely! What’s your name?

Flyin_Wheels, Linux can be confusing at first, if you have never used it before, but it starts to make sense if you keep playing with it. At least that was my experience when I first started using it.

Feel free to ask questions, and people are generally willing to help.

1 Like

Another answer might be to sacrifice some privacy temporarily by losing some purity and losing some complexity at first - until Flyin_Wheels is more confident with Linux.

An example approach could be … don’t use the key, stick with standard BIOS, don’t even use full disk encryption - and go with a more mainstream Linux distro like Ubuntu or Mint (still based on Debian, as PureOS is).

2 Likes

I dont think Flyin_Wheels need to switch distro.

He may need to switch back to seabios, but it should not be that hard to get used to Heads/pureboot. (I am not using it because I cannot bear with the i915 bug, (and probably the same for the kernel to kexec.:-)))

Using the key may require fair knowledge about pgp and gnupg. He might need to get used to gnupg before using the smartcard.

For full disk encryption……as long as it is not causing trouble it should be ok.

1 Like

can you elaborate on this?

The “rainbow vertical stripes”, you know it.

Sometimes that bug may affect the kernel to kexec as well. I have no more knowledge on this either.

I’m aware of this when kexec’ing from Pureboot to the OS, but not under any other conditions

I was fine with PureOS and want to use it based on security and privacy. I need to take the time to get the standard BIOS re-installed with PureOS.

1 Like
  • download standard coreboot/SeaBIOS firmware using our handy coreboot utility script
  • copy file to USB
  • reboot, select flash BIOS from options menu
  • select file on USB
  • reboot when done
3 Likes

Worked great. I think the selection of the USB drive option is new since my last attempt. Thank you for the help!

1 Like