[APP] Simple Diary

I have pushed version 0.2 to Flathub now, should be available within 24hrs.

It now uses libhandy and it has quite a few UI improvements and bug fixes.
Since I’ve gotten my Librem 5 myself now I’ve verified that it works with that too.
I think the nicest part of the update is that it looks much better on desktop now, it’s very satisfying to browse around the entries from the past months with pictures.

My workflow right now is to sometimes write entries on the go with my Librem5 and then later when I have time I sync the diary folder to my desktop and insert pictures from my android phone.

5 Likes

Thank you for this nice little app, I added it to https://linmobapps.frama.io (a Linux on Mobile app list) today. It’s quite nice, keep it up!
I also wrote a small PKGBUILD script for Arch and Manjaro users.

3 Likes

For those still interested in this, I have now made a significant update to the app today

• Migrated from GTK3 to GTK4
  • Migrated from libhandy to libadwaita
  • Migrated from GtkWebKit to gtkmdview

gtkmdview is written by myself, it is far from complete and the GtkWebKit solution in the previous version to render markdown was arguably more feature complete, but gtkmdview is a lot snappier on the L5 as a whole embedded browser is overkill.

Now when I got my camera working on the L5, it’s also pretty cool to just snap a picture and then add it to the diary entries. Unfortunately the L5 camera has quite strange colours on my device so I don’t really do that on an regular basis, but I’m sure that’ll improve within a few months.

Scrolling also feels smoother with GTK4, I really enjoy it!

7 Likes

Amen! :+1: