Apps you want on the L5

It looks like I was wrong. There are some promising voice recognition projects:

However, many of them only work in English or Chinese at this point.

3 Likes

I saw in one of purism or the dev board holders video quake II running .

Anyone know if that was native or on wine and where will we be able to get quake II from when the L5 drops ?

This needs to go to -> request (wine and or quake)!

Desired Apps not on list at time of writing:

• RSS Feed Reader (e.g. Google Reader, Feedly, Flym)
  • Budget App (would super nice if Money Manager Ex ported, or at least something existed that interopā€™d with it)
  • OpenStreetMap fill out missing data in the field app (Street Complete porting would be a god send, Vespucci port would be nice too, but is not quite as streamlined)
1 Like

The quake2 package in Debian Buster says that it runs on all architectures, so Iā€™m guessing that there is some kind of emulation going on. However there is this project for Quake 2 on ARM:

1 Like

Anything decent for taking notes and easy access - search for them.
On Android, so far my favorite app is
ā€œColornote Notepad Notesā€.

2 Likes

Password manager. I would like an app for storing passwords. I currently use Enpass. I love it for a couple reasons. First they donā€™t have central storage of your master file. You have some choices on where that might reside, and second, itā€™s widely supported and available on Windows, iOS, Android and Linux. It has worked flawlessly

2 Likes

For what itā€™s worth both GNOME (Password Safe which is compatible w/ KeePass) and KDE (KDE Wallet which can import KeePass) have native manager solutions.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to see Anki flaschards running on L5.

2 Likes

Pokemon Go (obviously)

1 Like

It is included in Gnome Calculator if you switch to Advanced Mode.

3 Likes

While I suspect this is a joke, I will go ahead and answer in case itā€™s not. Pokemon Go wonā€™t happen on the Librem 5 anytime soon. Niantic wonā€™t release a Linux build (ever) and I think it will take some time before the options for running Android software are mature enough to run Pokemon Go. Maybe Anbox will get there eventually, but I donā€™t think anything is close

3 Likes

Hi; thank you for your offer !

What about Proton Mail ?
Does anybody use this mail provider ? It needs its own app due to E2E encryption. Correct me, if Iā€™m wrong but itā€™s not compliant with K9-Mail client, so same result with the LibremOne ā€œpackagingā€

Hereā€™s my christmas whishlist :

• GPS with real time traffic
  • parking payment apps (PayByPhone, OPnGO etc )
  • a weather app with source in EU
  • a voice recorder
  • Shazam or SoundHound
  • a firewall to block flows and check data usage on the network

and sure iā€™m gonna get kicked out

• Xiaomi Home (for my vacuum cleaner :weary: )
6 Likes

I have a ProtonMail account. It works with web browsers. So you should be able to use it with the Librem 5.

4 Likes

Does ProtonMail have a progressive web app?

1 Like

Yes they do. I looked at it. Itā€™s not bad. Though I havenā€™t used it much since they have native apps as well.

3 Likes

ā€œgottaā€™ cach 'em all !ā€ - so catchy ainā€™ it ?

1 Like

Software I use on my Windows Phone I would like to see on the L5 (in no particular order):

• some sort of messaging app,
  • a speed trap app,
  • a parking app
  • an office suite (including a text editor and a spread sheet program of course),
  • an rss feed reader,
  • Soundhound
  • a rain radar,
  • TuneIn,
  • a compass app,
  • a pdf reader,
  • an e-book reader,
  • a file explorer,
  • inventive apps to create music,
  • a Linada-like app to access files in the local network,
  • a decibel meter,
  • a bar and qr code scanner,
  • an alarm clock/timer/stop watch app,
    etcetƩa, etcetera

And of course I hope I can reach my bank, Youtube, Netflix, my cable providers tv-on-the-go site, my favourite radio stations, and all the other services for which there will not be an app through a great state of the art browser.

1 Like

Crucial:

• Signal
  • MySudo

Wishlist

• Protonmail client
  • Spotify
1 Like

What about 911 text app?