Can someone explain the process of how you would go about copying over your keys to a backup Librem Key? I read through the documentation, and I get how to make the first key. How do I go about copying over the keys to a backup key?
- Generate your keys on your computer
- Make a backup of your keys on physical media
- Write keys to the first Librem Key, deleting them from your computer in the process
- Restore keys to your computer from physical media
- Write keys to the second Librem Key
- Store the physical backup in a secure location
Is this what you meant?
That’s it, thank you. I have 2 spares, and wanted to setup one for a localized backup, and one stored remotely. Thanks!
We also discuss this topic in the official Librem Key docs: