Big Brother Award Germany 2024

That show begins tomorrow in exactly 24h (18:00 UTC+2) here. The stream is in German since the NGO also comes from Germany, but they will translate the Laudatio into English little time later. Have fun watching, who ever can.

Who ever doesn’t know what it is: A negative award ceremony for the worst actors (companies and politicians etc) about digitization and privacy. You can read about old “winners” here.

3 Likes

Ich liebe Grroßen Bruder!

1 Like

Link to stream fixed.

1 Like

The English version is online. Winners are:

• Federal Minister for Health, Karl Lauterbach - for a dystopian European “Health Data Space”
  • Saxony Police - for biometrical mobile surveillance that is using a legislative gap and was exporting through other federal states
  • Temu and Shein - Chinese companies that exclude users rights in many ways (do not use these)
  • Deutsche Bahn AG - traveling through Germany with train becomes more difficult without being tracked
  • Concept of Technology Paternalism - the trend of reversing the enlightening (tech that is taking decisions away from people)
4 Likes

Very funny Awards!
Well, funny is maybe not right…actually, I don’t really know if I should laugh or cry.
This is kinda frightening; what our societies are becoming - the acceptance, I mean, and the apathy.

3 Likes