Bluetooth audio after install of purism sparklan wnfb upgrade

I previously used my bluetooth headset with the librem 5 and it had a audio profile and music etc worked fine… after the upgrade to the sparklan wifi 6 module it will connect but there is no corresponding audio device to select for audio input / output like before. I did of course remove pairing and repairing which made no difference. I will try some other bluetooth audio devices, but I wonder if others have had issues with bluetooth after the change, and maybe there is some update to the bluetooth side of the software I can do as maybe some conf remembers something from the old bluetooth card or something.

Net Nut

1 Like

ok I note on testing with several bluetooth audio devices is they function (I hear the connect / disconnect audio sound through them when usb connctions are removed / added) so it seems the preexisting and functional bluetooth profiles have dissapeared when upgrading to the wifi 6 card purism offers. if there is a known package to ununstall / purge / reinstall that might rebuild that to what it had before… that would be useful. ideas? downgrading bluetooh to get better wifi is not really what I had in mind :wink:

Net Nut

1 Like

quick solution as I thought… I archived the list of bluetooth packages to a file, so I could forcibly purge them and then reinstall them from scratch… and now it works as it should… I will leave this post here in case anyone else runs into similar

3 Likes

Hi netnut404,

My wired headset works perfectly fine with my L5, but any Bluetooth devices fails to pair. Is that similar to what happened to you? I am not a hard-core Linux user, is there any instructions that I can copy paste to solve the problem?

Best
Rhodopsisvesper

1 Like