BYD touchpad - Qubes

New owner of a Librem 13, just installed Qubes 3.2.

Touchpad drivers are recognized, tap to click works.

Two finger scrolling does not work, even though I can select the option.

I did the dom0-update as instructed on the Qubes installation guide and it says I already have the drivers installed.

Does anyone know how to get this working, can point me in the right direction?

** Just to be clear - I understand I can get the two finger scrolling with PureOS, but I’m not interested in that. I would like to get it working with Qubes :slight_smile: **

First make sure you are using libinput xorg driver. Create file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/30-touchpad.conf with the following content:

Section "InputClass" Identifier "libinput touchpad catchall" MatchIsTouchpad "on" MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*" Driver "libinput" Option "ScrollMethod" "twofinger" EndSection

Restart X session and see if it works. If not, check your Xorg log: if you see line Failed to set scroll to twofinger, then Qubes still does not have support for twofinger scrolling.

Thank you for the info!

Somehow this completely bricked my system now and it wont boot, haha. No worries, I was not expecting it to be 100% painless.

Maybe Qubes 3.2 is different somehow…I will do more research.

Actually I take back the post above, I must have been sleepy and entered the wrong disk password.

Xorg log shows no failures but two finger scrolling still does not work.

However, edge scrolling works!

Circular scrolling does not work either. I guess I will be happy with edge scrolling for the moment.

Run man libinput to see all available options for libinput driver.