Call Logs and Librem 5 Calling

Had to take an important call today. From the various phones and sim cards and uSD cards littered about my desk, when I thought about it, I popped the SIM out of my Liberty Phone and put it in an old Android from 2018 to make sure I would receive the important call. Somehow when I answered the phone on Android, I couldn’t hear the other side. Maybe the provider thought I was still on Librem 5 and they should still be giving me bad service to prove their point, I don’t know.

Later in the evening I put the SIM back in the L5 liberty phone and then there was another call, this time from a friend. They wanted to talk to another person in my immediate vicinity, so I handed the liberty phone to this other person. Initially I wanted to quietly celebrate that answering the phone on L5 actually works. But after 3-4 minutes the call ended and they blame the Librem 5. Obviously this is extremely bad publicity for Purism that when I try to use it, my friends see it as not working. But I wondered if there is a call log where I can check which side ended the L5 call. I’m curious if the problem is instability out of the control of the user, or if one of these guys accidentally bumped the “off” button on the call GUI. It would help me to know whether I should blame the L5 or the user.

Think I saw a thread about it some time back, but didn’t find that thread in a quick search. Maybe someone can link it to me.

4 Likes

Ask your friend about the experience in more detail.