Calls not working even with VOLTE enabled on AweSIM

Hi everyone,
I just got AweSIM cell phone service and even ported my number over the port seems to work even put in the info that was give by purism wireless the APN settings and get both text and data just fine. But just can’t get any calls or call anyone. The call app just says call ended. I even checked to make sure I have VOLTE enabled because I read that could be the issue. It does show its enabled. I also checked in the terminal and the terminal output shows up with using bm818-volte-check
chat: Apr 08 18:14:56 +BMRAT: FDD LTE
BMRAT state active FDD LTE
I don’t know if that makes any difference or not. I do have the Settings set to 4G only and when people call my number it doesn’t even ring on their side just says I am not taking any calls. When I look at the Modem info it does say its registered and shows my number so I am sure that my number got transferred over. Could it be something to do with the modem firmware? Any help would be amazing. I have spent time going through the forums trying the different things to try to get this working. Thanks :slight_smile:
modemFWVersion

1 Like

Probably, contact Purism Support for instructions on how to upgrade your modem firmware, then report back once the procedure is complete.

3 Likes

Yes. There’s a more recent firmware version. Support can tell you how to upgrade it.

3 Likes

I reached out to them hopefully they will reach out soon :slight_smile: and hopefully that works. I love this phone beside this little issue.

2 Likes

I reached out and it was the firmware that was the issue was to old. I can now make calls and take calls just fine. Thank you guys :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Great, mark my post as a solution.

CBS cbs_eye2 Enable?

And ABC & NBC? And do the Brits get BBC?

(I miss Walter Cronkite.)

1 Like

You mean when real journalists existed? Lol…I think if you check that box you’ll get the football game on your phone every Sunday.

1 Like

They can bring him back with a deep fake and an AI!

“…and that’s the way tt was, Wednesday, April 10th, 2024.”

2 Likes

That,s what it is. Big Backdoor, Ridiculously, OpensourceS asked for that function.

1 Like