Camera development progress

And even in shell, it wants to escape the colon character. So, yes, best to avoid the colon character.

Not just devices but even different file systems on the same device.

Yes, it does. The, for example, DateTimeDigitized JPEG metadata field has the format
"YYYY:MM:DD HH:MM:SS"
and I can confirm that the iPhone fills in the seconds. (There is also a separate field for recording the time to a precision greater than 1 second, i.e. some fraction of a second, and the iPhone fills in that field with 3 decimal places i.e. millisecond precision.)

1 Like

I fully agree with Fuzzywuzzies’ remarks. I also use a real, bigger sensor camera for ‘serious’ photography., and I don’t expect stellar results from my L5. It needs to be a good snapshot camera.
So, keep it simple, but offer enough basic settings (iso, aperture, shutter speed, white balance, focus). No filters and shit needed whatsoever. Don’t over-proces. Allow saving to SD. Allow a choice of what is to be saved (raw, jpg, compression level).
That’s basically it, I guess.

4 Likes

As an example: the Proshot (Classic) app that ran (and still runs) on Windows Phones is a great example of a simple, yet configurable camera app.