Can I put Mobile Nividia Graphics Card in Librem 14?

Well ok maybe not a full decade, my first long-liver was on a sandy bridge.

if you are happy with your copy of M$0$ that is fine ā€¦ good for you ! it means that you know how to massage it to your needs (or rather you learned over a longer period of time ā€¦ because you HAD to ā€¦)

i know someone who got a new L3n0v0-Think(something) mini-PC with Ryzen Pro APU/SSD/laptop-DDR4-RAM and the hardware runs smooth and QUIET but the latest updates that got applied on the M$-W!n-10-PRO platform are annoying ā€¦ i wonā€™t describe all the issues compared to my L-Mini-v1 but suffice it to say i would not recommend it for anything except light GAMING and postponing the updates for as LONG as po$$!ble ā€¦

Iā€™m not just trying to be the black sheep here. Iā€™m saying that pretending people who use Windows are just screwed is not helpful, especially since the grand vision of everyone using FOSS software and hardware, will never happen. If you genuinely care about people not being exploited or their privacy robbed, then finding a way to help people using either Windows or Mac OS is beyond important. That is the truth.

Anything else is just marketing hype and a company trying to make money.

3 Likes

that might be so ā€¦ but M$'s market share is already huge and we need the BAZAR to GROW not SHRINK !

If I were Microsoftā€™s senior management I would have my team slowly converging the windows OS to linux because then I could fire a good portion of the staff and increase my ROE. For this reason, I find it interesting that there is now a linux OS ā€œinsideā€ windows. It would be nothing personal, just businessā€¦

Said Michael Corleoneā€¦

Yes

1 Like

Perhaps that is worthy of a separate topic in Round Table.

1 Like

For once something I totally agree with something from you! We need it even if only to pressure MS to do the right thing.

1 Like

No, it is not possible to add Nividia Mobile Graphics Card in a librem 14.

https://www.laptopstudies.com/top-5-gaming-laptops-under-600-with-best-cooling-system/

The answer is still no. this is because the discrete GPU IC is soldered directly on the laptopā€™s motherboard. There is no way to replace it or upgrade it . There are some laptops such as the Dell Alienware M51, which have a separate Graphics Card instead of a soldered GPU.