Canada Mutilingual odd key binding

Hello all,
I have encountered an odd situation with my Librem 13v2. When using the Canadian Multilingual Keyboard layout this key:

Should produce a “à” but instead produces a much less useful “ù”
Here’s what it looks like when I press on it, the circled one is the one that should come on:

I’m aware that there has to be a way for me to change the binding through the terminal but keyboard layouts are something pretty basic that should just work, especially since this isn’t an uncommon one.

Any suggestions on how to change the binding until this can be updated? I’m a bit of a neophyte still.

Thank you and good day.

P.S. Sorry for the dirty keyboard, this has been a beard stroking day.

I wonder if your issue is similar to this one

If so…

I’m not sure whether the multilingual keyboard layout affects the specific keycodes, but hopefully this will give you some good ideas for troubleshooting

Thanks, I’ve read your comment and a good chunk of that other post. That other post seem to be right, it’s not so much the Multilingual layout as it is the key that configured to a different code than usual. I got annoyed with PureOS and switched to Ubuntu last night and I have the same issue.

I’ll try your solution when I have a minute ad report on it. Thanks.

1 Like

Hey all,
Bit of a zombie thread here but I thought I’d give you guys an update. Since Ubuntu 18.04 the issue is resolved which makes using the device in my native language and sending emails to my mom, much nicer.

Anyone running PureOS mind giving this a test? I am still unsure if I should switch back.