Cannot sign into Librem.One on the Librem 5

Can’t sign in via Settings > Online Accounts > Librem One

When signing in, the following message is shown: "Error connecting to Librem One: TLS connection closed unexpectedly.

1 Like

Use the post I responded to you with earlier.

Alternatively, try the Matrix chat room.

ID: !RkGDRtKCBzjnWMEGMV:talk.puri.sm

I did not found my answer on the help page sir. So, I sent a question regarding it, and the problem I’m having.

1 Like

Let us know whenever Purism support responds with a solution, so others experiencing the same issue may be able to benefit as well.

So, in addition to the message, I am unable to sign into Google accounts via the Online Accounts. Furthermore, I get the message that the browser may be insecure.

1 Like

That sounds like an incorrect date/time issue. Can you confirm that your date/time is synchronized?

I have just tested using Online Accounts, and I do not experience any issues like yours.

It’s set to the correct time and timezone with automatic, maybe if I try with manual?

1 Like

Sure, also perform a few other commands:

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y
lsb_release -a

No LSB Modules are available.
Distributor ID: PureOS
Description: PureOS 10 (Byzantium)
Release: 10
Codename: Byzantium

Everything apt is updated and upgraded

1 Like

I have a few more questions:

• Did you change your DNS settings/servers?
  • Are you using a stable Ethernet/Wi-Fi connection?

Also, if you can show me what happens when you attempt to sign into Google with Online Accounts using gnome-screenshot, I may be able to gleam more information.

1 Like

I did want to note that this is on the Librem 5

1 Like

No change to DNS settings, only think that may be it is that I had turned off my metered network preferences, so it would treat mobile data as unmetered. Mobile data is unlimited on my SIM… But I did get it to sign in partially earlier at the office. But cancelled signing in due to my needing a 2FA method that I didn’t have on hand at the time.

1 Like

What happens when you sign into the Librem One website?

https://librem.one/accounts/login/

Able to log in

1 Like

1 Like

So then your eligible services are Librem Chat and Social.

https://docs.puri.sm/Librem_One/PureOS/Chat.html

Did you have a particular reason to sign in to Librem One using Online Accounts?

No, but I did with Google… I got further with Geary at logging into Google Accounts than I did with Online Accounts…

1 Like

Had this dumb thought of “I have an account, why don’t I sign in?”…

1 Like

++
The exact same issue on my side.
Unable to login in Librem One account from settings page.
TLS connection closed unexpectedly
I am able to login to Google account from the same page.
I am able to login in my Librem One account on the website.

2 Likes

Same story here. Still waiting on the announcement of upgrades to Librem One so we can pay for more features. Maybe that will fix it?

1 Like