Can't make or receive calls

It looks like you are doing what I did. I live in the United States. I registered the Librem 5 with Mint, I use their suggested APN settings. I was having trouble with MMS on Chatty but everything seems to be working now. Sorry, I am not sure what else to say.

Suggested APN Settings Main BestMVNO Verified|APN Name|MINT|
| — | — |
|APN|wholesale|
|Proxy||
|Port||
|Username||
|Password||
|Server||
|MMSC|http://wholesale.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc|
|MMS Proxy||
|MMS Port||
|MCC|310|
|MNC|260|
|Authentication Type|PAP|
|APN Type|default,mms|
|APN Protocol|IPv4|
|APN Roaming Protocol|IPv4|
|Bearer|Unspecified|
|MVNO Type|None|
|MVNO Type|

VoLTE is required for activation on the network, even if T-mobile still has some 2G to fall back on. Mint is aware that the BM818-A1 is VoLTE-certified on T-mobile’s network, even if you don’t have it turned on. That’s why they’re not making a fuss, probably. Eventually you start to have issues with calling if, and as, 2G starts disappearing.

And that big data breach and stuff…
I prefer Ting, because they allow you to use OTP authentication to secure your account. :slight_smile:

But Mint’s and Ultra’s ad hoc international data roaming prices are slightly better than Ting’s.

(Not many U.S. MVNOs have international roaming or OTP yet, unfortunately.)

Hmm, I suppose that’s possible. If so, I’ll wait until it’s required to be on or Purism updates include it easier than it is now.

Ting was on my list for a while, but I thought that they only used AT&T towers, which really have poor coverage in my area. Also, AT&T is the worst. :grimacing:

Ting uses T-mobile, but they can put you on Verizon towers if T-mobile’s coverage doesn’t work for you. (I don’t think the Verizon-based SIM would work in the L5, though.)

Ah! I must have misremembered that one. Your call and MMS are good on Ting?

I’m actually not using the Ting SIM in the L5. I’ve got an old Truphone (international) SIM (no longer available, no longer rechargeable) with some credit left on it; Truphone never supported MMS in any phone anyway. In the U.S., it roams/has roamed on AT&T and T-mobile both, depending.

Eventually I’ll acquire a different carrier’s SIM for the L5, but I’m not using it as my phone yet anyway.

The screen command is not a valid command in my build, response is SCREEN is not a valid command. Also, is there a space between “ims” and AT$… and at the end are there three periods?

Did you mean SCREEN in upper case? because commands are case-sensitive.

Regardless, I suggest using the provided tool to enable VoLTE rather than hacking around with AT commands: List of Apps that fit and function well [Post them here.]