CardDAV Librem 5

Question/Discussion: Is it possible to utilized CardDAV (WebDav) with the built in utilities on the Librem 5?

CardDav is a popular method to store contact files across devices and is supported by many popular web-mail services such as Posteo:

https://posteo.de/en/help/how-do-i-synchronise-my-posteo-address-book-with-other-programs-or-devices

Is CardDAV something that is currently supported on the Librem 5?

1 Like

Having not done this yet, but in the contacts app (preferences) you can define/configure ‘online contacts’.
In the dropdown list there is an option with name “Imap and SMTP”.
Maybe this route can help you achieving your goal.
Also, when you have Evolution installed, you can export the addressbook into a vcf file.
Perhaps you can import that file into Posteo.

EDIT
I just checked: Posteo offers vcf import (see screenshot).

1 Like

In Gnome 46 it is supported when I tried it sortof worked with Mobian. For L5 byzantium and even crimson based on the supported Gnome version in bookworm I don’t think CarDAV plugins in the online accounts will be available.

Debian -- News -- Debian 12 "bookworm" released uses Gnome 43, you will have to wait another 2 years until debian releases a version that includes Gnome 46 or newer.

My guess is the only way to support it and which has worked for me is using Evolution server plugin. You can install it from the software store, setup using evolution app, then it will sync with your Gnome Calendar, Contacts just fine.

1 Like

I am hosting nextcloud, and have addded the nextcloud account to PureOS. Calendar, contacts and storage works. I believe nextcloud uses caldav at least

1 Like