Celiciois Privacy screen for the L5 review

So, I scratched the privacy screen I bought from purism and decided to replace it with an aftermarket alternative off Amazon.

Celicious Privacy Plus 4-way anti spy filter screen protector film compatible with Purism Librem 5 Evergreen

The film fits well and was easy enough to install. Film also has a nice thickness to it for protecting the screen. Having said that, I don’t like it. The film puts off some weird lines on the screen which are aesthetically horrendous and give you a headache staring at. I added a photo for reference.

This might not bother everyone, but it bothers me. I just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone was looking at it. Item has no product reviews yet.

4 Likes

How did you like the privacy screen from Purism?

1 Like

The privacy screen from Purism made everything slightly darker, with colors less vibrant. Kind of like looking through sunglasses. I got used to it after a while. I would recommend the Purism screen to this.

4 Likes

I’m actually using an iPhone 11/XR screen protector on mine. Its corning glass. The only con is it doesn’t cover the lower 1/64th of it. I’ve cracked the screen protector just a bit. But it does alright. I bet the same could be done with a privacy screen.

4 Likes

That doesn’t look too bad. I’m not committed to needing a privacy screen. Protecting the screen is more important. I did see that Celicious sells non-privacy screens for Evergreen too. Different coating might not have that same weird effect on the screen

1 Like

Can you reapply it? It looks like the polarization is off, like the privacy screen is tilted a few degrees to the left. Notice the lines are slightly diagonal.

2 Likes

Wasn’t able to remove without damaging the corners, (oh well). Shifting the angle of the film removes the lines, but only when you shift it too the point that the film overhangs waay off the screen.

2 Likes

-update-

I decided to give Celicious a 2nd try, buying both the anti-shock shatterproof screen and the Glossy HD screen. I didn’t realize it at the time, but the Anti-shock screen did not specify being compatible with Evergreen (my fault), so the screen is too small.

The HD screen is Evergreen compatible and works very well. It’s a bit on the thin side, but better than nothing. I see no distortion or color changes compared to it having a screen protector applied. If your looking for a screen protector and don’t care for privacy screens, this is the way to go. If you want the privacy screen, I still recommend the purism brand over Celicious.

Pictures attached

1 Like

I might give that screen protector a try. I’ve been meaning to replace the broken iPhone 11/XR tempered glass I’ve been using on mine.

1 Like