Chatty - Encryption disabled in a matrix discussion (signal bridge)

Hello I have a home server in which I host a matrix instance and a signal bridge.
I have connected all this to Chatty and the conversations work.

The problem I’m having is that, in Chatty, when I go to the conversation details, there is the option encrypted conversation disabled, and there is no way to enable it.

So I’m trying to figure out if the conversation is encrypted or not, how it works, and why Chatty doesn’t allow encrypting the conversation?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

OK I could find the solution. In mautrix signal config file (on my server, it is a yaml file), you have to change the settings according to the official documentation :

In encryption section :

• allow: true : the bridge doesn’t enable encryption on its own, but does work in encrypted rooms
  • default: true : automatically enables encryption in new portals

PS : do not enable appservice: true, leave it to false.

New problem :

On the other hand, since I activated the encryption, I no longer receive the photos and videos in Chatty, while it works in Element. Do you know why and how to solve this ?
Thank you very much !

2 Likes

I have been struggling to set up the signal bridge in my docker version of matrix and the mautrix signal bridge. I’d be interested in how you got it to work.

Hello, I have used Yunohost in my server. This is an FOSS OS based on Debian which allows you to install apps in almost 1 or 2 clicks.

For Synapse and Mautrix Signal, I just had to go in the app section and install them, and of course fill in the fields to give data related to the web address, etc.