Chatty Font Size

Does anyone know how to adjust the font size in Chatty? I have my screen scaled to 100% because the whole phone just runs better. I use the tweak tool to scale up the fonts to make them readable but that doesn’t seem to affect chatty at all and I can’t find anything in gsettings or any settings file for Chatty that would allow you to adjust the font size. Is it hard coded?

1 Like

Try this: Font size for individual applicatoins - #3 by amarok

1 Like

I don’t want to scale up all the font sizes just chatty which doesn’t seem to care about that. I was using the tweak tool to play with the font size and scaling but Chatty ignores that. Are you saying that using your method I can scale apps differently?

1 Like

I think it affects all gnome apps.

1 Like

yeah…I don’t think so because the chatty font is still small after messing with all that. It’s like the font size is somehow hard coded to the display size or resolution or something.

1 Like

It changes for me when I set the font larger.

1 Like

You might also try creating a script to the effect of “if Chatty is running, set font to…” and “if not, then set font to…”; then add a cron job to run it ad hoc.

That would set all gnome apps to the same font, but at least it should revert to the default when you close Chatty.

1 Like

It changes the font size for the contact list by not the messages. I tried using a bigger font and also using the scale factor and neither affects the font size of the message content. It’s weird.

2 Likes

That doesn’t really appeal to me. I like to leave Chatty open all the time, so defeats the purpose.

2 Likes