Convergence Issues

As far as I’m concerned, all is not well with convergence. Today, the first time I plugged in the hub, nothing happened. The 2nd time, the locked screen image appeared, but the mouse cursor didn’t and I couldn’t do anything, either with the mouse or the screen. I unplugged and plugged it in again 2 times, but the TV wasn’t receiving a signal. Last month, I made several tests: the image appeared on the TV screen, the mouse cursor and keyboard worked fine. But no browser would open when I started them up. I couldn’t surf the Internet. Open office documents are very difficult too. In short, I’ve had 2 hubs since Christmas 2023 (including the one offered by Purism), I’ve made about 30 attempts, and I’ve never had any problems. Sometimes I’ve been able to listen to videos recorded on the L5USA’s memory card on my big screen. Do you have any solutions?

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

3 Likes

You are doing cool things with the vps.

1 Like

Wrote your on software? Nice! What does it do?

1 Like

If you have other ideas or suggestions, mention them in the respective thread, preferably with clear documentation and install steps.

I have a Nexdock, and since I got my replacement phone back I have noticed that I’m getting some strange behaviour when connected to it, for example I think Network Manager is crashing because I’ll go to do a sudo apt update and it just hangs there doing nothing. Only a forced shutdown (does not gracefully shut down on it’s own) resolves the issue. I need to dig into the logs more to see what’s going on but that’s what I’ve noticed.

5 Likes

That is a kernel issue. See this post pulseaudio not starting

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up…so wait for a fix I guess.

1 Like

I would downgrade

1 Like

I was wondering if it wasn’t something to do with a kernel issue or something. How might a person downgrade the kernel again?

1 Like

I just used sudo flash-kernel --force 6.5.0-1-librem5
(That worked on my old phone that I haven’t reflashed but my one that has been reflashed it did not work on.)

2 Likes

So I ordered a new USB hub from Purism but the one I received was not the one they show on their website. See here: USB-C Hub – Purism What brand is your hub from Purism, if I might ask? A little frustrating since it was expensive to order and ship from Purism.

I have not tried it yet, but I am a little dubious that it is any different than the two hubs I have already tried as they look very similar. I will report back if it makes any difference.

1 Like

As an update to this post, I wanted to let everyone know that the USB Hub I ordered directly from Purism, from their website, works very well. It is not perfect but the flaky power issues and constant shutting off are gone. I am happy.

2 Likes

:question:

2 Likes

Well, it wasn’t the one they show on their website. But, the one I received does work. What can I say?

1 Like

Model name.

2 Likes

We need Picture of the HUB. :slightly_smiling_face:

// Wroted from Raptor Blackbird and GNU Operating System - GNU Core 6.8.4

2 Likes

lsusb output

1 Like

Here is the LSUSB output: Bus 004 Device 002: ID 05e3:0626 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB3.1 Hub

Here are the pictures:

It still works well. Sounds transfers via HDMI. Not buggy. Sometimes the display has trouble recognizing the different monitors and I have to fiddle with it, but it works eventually.

My only complaint is that, with this hub, there is no SD card slot. The picture on the website shows an SD card slot. Small potatoes.

Update. I paid about $70.00 with Purism for this hub and I just found it on Amazon for $30.00. Annoying. Oh well.

Update 2. Sorry, one more update. I have been running the hub all day and streaming music. The power management on the hub is much improved from my prior experiences. The battery is fully charged and the phone temperature is still relatively low for all the activity. That is a plus.

5 Likes

I have a couple of questions for people that bought a USB-C hub from Purism in the past.

Did it match the picture or the one bought by flanders51 or something else?

If not the same as flanders51, what soes lsusb show for it?

2 Likes

Yeah but Amazon do not support Free Software. :smiley:

// wroted from RasberryPi 5 plus an Impure Linux Operating System.

3 Likes