Coreboot 4.12-Purism-3 firmware update released

yes a NAS SATA SSD model not NVME … the more you know … :stuck_out_tongue:

have you already pushed the commit ? i couldn’t find it yet on gitlab …

yes, everything is pushed. which commit specifically are you looking for? If it’s the 6Gbps fix for the Mini, that’s here under the librem_4.12 branch:

edit: also just pushed to master

yes for the master … the release update

the releases and utility branch were already merged. coreboot repo doesn’t matter since nothing is pulled from master, always from a tag.

f39e3709 this is the one then ? correct ?

that’s correct for coreboot master. The master branches of coreboot, utility, and releases repos are all up to date (and updated today).

1 Like

Bug with volume key doesn’t fixed. =((((((((((((((

there’s no way this is firmware related, unless you can point to an older version where it works. Nothing has changed regarding the handling of the alternate function mappings

there’s no way this is firmware related

Well, here’s what I did:
With Coreboot 4.11, on a Librem 13v2, in PureOS amber (Also tested in Ubuntu 18.04):
– every volume key press registers
Immediately after testing the volume keys, with no changes to the computer, I updated to Coreboot 4.12:
– now only every second volume key press registers. This is in PureOS amber, no software updates.
To check that this wasn’t due to silent changes in PureOS, I disconnected the computer from the internet, and rebooted from the Ubuntu 18.04 external drive (ie, no opportunity for software changes):
– now only every second volume key press registers in Ubuntu too.
That doesn’t prove that it’s firmware related, it only proves that it’s somehow related to either the firmware or the update script. However, I didn’t notice anything odd in the update script.
Does anyone know how to gain access to the low-level data emitted by the keyboard, preferably the entire chain of custody from the physical keys to userland? That way, I’d be able to tell at which stage alternate key presses are being lost.
It’s a very minor glitch, but because someone brought it up, I decided to test it out.

you said above that downgrading to 4.11-Purism-1 did not resolve the issue, so either it’s not a regression introduced by the 4.12 series firmware, or you’re mistaken about it working under 4.11 and were possibly using an older version before

First, I’d like to thank you for the excellent work you’ve done on coreboot – I’m not complaining at all. I’m posting purely out of curiosity, and wanting to know more about the tools I’m using. Something is happening here, but I don’t know what it is…
Unlike @scaled, I haven’t attempted the downgrade.
Here’s what dmidecode reported,
pre-update:

Handle 0x0000, DMI type 0, 26 bytes
BIOS Information
	Vendor: coreboot
	Version: 4.11-Purism-1
	Release Date: 11/26/2019
	ROM Size: 16 MB
	Characteristics:
		PCI is supported
		PC Card (PCMCIA) is supported
		BIOS is upgradeable
		Selectable boot is supported
		ACPI is supported
		Targeted content distribution is supported
	BIOS Revision: 4.11
	Firmware Revision: 0.0

post-update:

Handle 0x0000, DMI type 0, 26 bytes
BIOS Information
	Vendor: coreboot
	Version: 4.12-Purism-2
	Release Date: 07/15/2020
	ROM Size: 16 MB
	Characteristics:
		PCI is supported
		PC Card (PCMCIA) is supported
		BIOS is upgradeable
		Selectable boot is supported
		ACPI is supported
		Targeted content distribution is supported
	BIOS Revision: 4.12
	Firmware Revision: 0.0

Interesting, I just installed this coreboot update.

And now for some obscure reason my display is set to 30hz refresh rate on displayport.

While it was set to 60hz. And I cant select 60hz…

And the video settings kinda got reset.

Doing a downgrade I will post the results

Definitely downgrading to 4.12-Purism-2 fix the issue of display refresh for me.

It is back to 60Hz and the mouse is not lagging in the screen.

Opened issue -> https://source.puri.sm/coreboot/coreboot/-/issues/8

Anyway, update broked my keyboard keys immediately.

replied, please supply requested info so I can test here

I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do with this. “Broked my keyboard keys” isn’t exactly diagnostically useful.

I said all about issue in previous thread. Issue still exist and i don’t know how can i fix it. Also, it not only my issue.

you can’t expect me to know what you’re referring to in some other thread if you don’t link it, and aren’t specific as to the issue. Contrary to popular belief, I’m a human, not an AI, and don’t have infinite memory.

and best I can tell, nowhere in there did you specify what device you’re using

I use Librem 15v3.