Could Facebook be more despicable?

So you might want to use whatismyip.com or equivalent more private service to investigate any such relay behaviour.

You also have the complicating factor that it worked for you previously, so HTTP content could be in your cache (unless you cleared it explicitly or implicitly).

Don’t know why everyone is obsessed with one site that won’t show the lyrics. The first three sites in Duck Duck Go show them and even Duck Duck Go shows them on the right hand side. (Without the background singers portion.)

If they didn’t click the Google/YouTube link, then they didn’t know what it was or what the title was. OOPS! I should have looked at the image more closely. Lol! (Although after I posted the lyrics link, they could see the title in my link.)

But yeah, it’s easy to search for lyrics once you know the title. :slight_smile:

Yet, even easier when half the lyrics and the title are the same.

1 Like

Because curious minds want to understand. :wink:

2 Likes

The Meta Pixel has been incorporated into many hospitals’ websites and initial appointment scheduling page, sending information about the individual, the doctor, and nature of medical condition to Meta.

I’m at a loss for words…except for a long string of some bad ones.

1 Like

Adding another log to the fire (news site, make sure your blockers are on)

1 Like

…s-c-r-a-p-e…
…s-c-r-a-p-e…
…s-c-r-a-p-e…
(sharpening pitchfork)

1 Like

They fired a Minion, will it be the rise of GNU?

OPINION:
I doubt very much that the news will cause Faceboogers to leave for more secure arenas. The people I know with FB, think FB is the second coming and can walk on water and turn it into wine.
Those proverbial ‘they’ would say that resistance was futile - but there was no resistance - they just stepped into it.

~s

1 Like

I shudder to think what exactly “low performer” means in Zuckerbergland.

I knew a company Controller (the guy that signs checks), he also ran the Accounting Dept. He kept tabs on the Accounts Payable clerks and how many invoces did they process per month. Predictably, the low scorer was laid off on a quarterly basis. The clerks never knew this.

1 Like

Facebook doesn’t even know what data they have or where it’s all stored:

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2022/09/facebook-has-no-idea-what-data-it-has.html

The Intercept, quoting Motherboard:
" The remarks in the hearing echo those found in an internal document leaked to Motherboard earlier this year detailing how the internal engineering dysfunction at Meta, which owns Facebook and Instagram, makes compliance with data privacy laws an impossibility. “We do not have an adequate level of control and explainability over how our systems use data, and thus we can’t confidently make controlled policy changes or external commitments such as ‘we will not use X data for Y purpose,’” the 2021 document read."

1 Like

They can’t sell what they can’t find, right?

1 Like

The old meme, “security through obscurity”!

1 Like

I’m almost incredulous at Meta’s sheer audacity… Almost.
Anyway, heads up, if you’re using a Facebook app.

Meta forced to sell Giphy. (Yay! :+1:)

“Also at issue was Giphy’s prior place in the display advertising market at the time of Meta’s (then Facebook’s) $400 million acquisition. The CMA seemed to suggest that Meta’s acquisition could have been driven by an urge to shut down a budding Giphy display advertising business that could have diversified display ad choices for UK businesses.”

Or, or, or: It could have been driven by an urge to track gifs as they bounce around the internet from user to user to user to user to user to…?

1 Like

Or it could also have been motivated by a desire to annoy users all around the internet with animated GIFs. :slight_smile:

1 Like