Crimson Experience

libtiff6 is already installed by default. There may already be a GitLab issue about upgrading dependency versions.

It does not detect the camera.

1 Like

Have also installed a try of mobian. Have to do some additional work to run it proper. Necessary sounds are not installed from the installer and some more minor problems. Have You any experience in receiving/missing calls when phone is in suspend mode?

1 Like

My SIM card in my L5 is data only so I have not had the chance to experience that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For crimson itself: Is there any way to upgrade a Byzaninuim system to crimson with changing repos etc. or is it a complete new flash necessary?

2 Likes

I strongly advise a fresh flash rather than change repo’s and upgrade. When I changed repos and upgraded the phone never behaved quite right again. It also would not create the .scr properly on kernel updates making it impossible to enter the decrypt password and would boot loop.

3 Likes

Necessary.

When there will be a completely flashable build without the u-boot procedure … I will flash this also for a test

1 Like

Great, I also have a few new experiences to mention:

• Extensions can now be installed directly from the same tab, but may require landscape orientation in order to install them.
  • GNOME Calendars requires temporarily using landscape orientation in order to edit details of previously created events.
3 Likes

Question here:

Somebody who can give a short report of using the Build from Jenkins on a daily or regular base?

I only know for now that the Cam is not working. But all the others like BT, GPS, Suspend, the energy consumption?

And all phone specific experiences like Calls and SMS?

Thanks

Uwe

1 Like

SMS works fine.

But no sound via microphone. The system settings allow me only to select as imput the

Analog Input - Modem

???

● pulseaudio.service - Sound Service
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/pulseaudio.service; enabled; preset: enabled)
     Active: active (running) since Tue 2024-04-09 17:40:34 UTC; 23s ago
TriggeredBy: ● pulseaudio.socket
   Main PID: 741 (pulseaudio)
      Tasks: 4 (limit: 3067)
     Memory: 22.5M
        CPU: 587ms
     CGroup: /user.slice/user-1000.slice/user@1000.service/session.slice/pulseaudio.service
             └─741 /usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize=no --log-target=journal

Apr 09 17:40:32 pureos systemd[717]: Starting pulseaudio.service - Sound Service...
Apr 09 17:40:34 pureos pulseaudio[741]: No such profile: HiFi
Apr 09 17:40:34 pureos pulseaudio[741]: Sink alsa_output.platform-sound.HiFi__hw_L5__sink does not exist.
Apr 09 17:40:34 pureos pulseaudio[741]: Source alsa_input.platform-sound.HiFi__hw_L5__source does not exist.
Apr 09 17:40:34 pureos pulseaudio[741]: No sink found by this name or index.
Apr 09 17:40:34 pureos pulseaudio[741]: No source found by this name or index.
Apr 09 17:40:34 pureos systemd[717]: Started pulseaudio.service - Sound Service.
Apr 09 17:40:41 pureos pulseaudio[741]: module-x11-xsmp may not be loaded twice.
Apr 09 17:40:41 pureos pulseaudio[741]: Failed to load module "module-x11-xsmp" (argument: "display=:0 xauthority= session_manager=local/pureos:@/t>```
1 Like

Confirm your camera/microphone hardware kill switch is disabled, restart your phone with a microphone headset connected, then test your audio configuration against GNOME Sound Recorder.

No way, no sound input and pulseaudio does not run on startup

1 Like

Flashed back my Byzantinum backup and all works as expected.Also the microphone and loudspeaker in calls.

The build from Jenkins maybe was faulty? Perhaps someone using Crimos here cann upload his running build on any filehoster?

1 Like

This was my experience. I had byzantium as my daily driver. A Couple of days ago, I flashed a crimson image (I think it was a Mar 22 stable build). Everything was working well, even suspend, resume from suspend, SMS (didn’t test MMS), docking with hoyoki dock. I didn’t test GPS though. And, I had sound on the phone.

Then yesterday, I got a call, and I heard no sound, and I realized my Input source wasn’t working on the phone. This was a show stopper so I switched back to byzantium last night.

The audio (on phone calls) is the main issue right now. I have audio in regular web browsing, and some system sounds. The alarm didn’t work though, I woke up late monday morning :slight_smile:

I also noticed that the compositer doesn’t quite scale all apps correctly. Some apps would overrun the screen (gnome settings, and a few other apps). Also, like to set my display to 150% and then use gnome-tweaks to increase font size. That wasn’t working on most apps. Some apps fonts would scale.

Also, I often use the right-click and paste into a terminal window so I don’t have to type in long URL’s. that wouldn’t work for some reason.

The mobile friendly tools that user0 developed, worked on librewolf, but not on firefox. But, I think that is due to how FF does the default profile, etc.

So, if it wasn’t for the audio not working on calls, the modem works fine, I could use crimson as a daily driver for my basic needs. Some things would be annoying, but the phone would be functional.

Of course the camera is still in dev, but I don’t rely on the camera much.

Also, I like using vpn, and it has been a pain with the resume from suspend. That always creates headaches, often times i need to hard reboot if I don’t disconnect vpn before it goes into suspend. I was hoping that might be fixed with crimson, but not yet.

3 Likes

The Clocks’ alarm function works fine for me.

That also works fine for me at the moment.

1 Like

Calls work GOOD in Crimson like Byzantium? I know you are the best related to Crimson.

1 Like

Which image did you flash? the date. That shouldn’t matter as the updates should bring it all to the same point, but just curious.

1 Like

I have not called anyone yet on Crimson.

The same as yours, #264.

1 Like

Ok, good to know. I will try reflashing again next week. I need a reliable phone for in the meantime.

1 Like