CSS for GNOME Web UI

Does anybody have any CSS recommendations for GNOME Web? I’d be interested in seeing what kind of modifications to the UI are possible.

(Wondering mainly about desktops, not the L5, although that would be cool, too.)

I didn’t look into it, but I guess you have access to every element … except the top panel background color. To change this system wide you need to go another way I didn’t manage yet. My experience was done with editing Nautilus via CSS, but nearly every GNOME software should work in the same way.

However … I would expect GTK-CSS and not the whole W3C standard as it is for Firefox. So what’s possible and what is not is mainly caused by this. I may wrong with something, but that’s my expectation.

2 Likes

I’d like to see some actual CSS entries from anyone willing to share here. I use CSS in FF-based browsers and Thunderbird, but I’ve never seen what can be done with Web.

I haven’t found a lot of examples on the internet, but here’s one: GNOME/Web - ArchWiki

2 Likes

Here you have the default style sheets (and behind the gtk-folder you find UI-elements you can edit via CSS).

You just need to find out how to get access.

3 Likes