Dangers of Lithium batteries

I always thought one of the silver linings of lithium battery hazards was that chargers had to be well designed. I guess these come from the same people causing e-bike fires all over the world.

I think you would have a lot of company.

Cameras have had proper (model specific, though,) lithium chargers for years.

2 Likes

I remember the first issue about lithium batteries was they brought down a plane. Too, laptops were a hot item, when the flames poured out, and then phones were self-combusting at odd times.
Negative things are easy to scrub from Internet IF they are big manufacturers of something - like batteries.

1 Like

Those incidents were from charger/battery combinations the manufacturers tried to get right, but didn’t quite succeed. Lithium battery chargers that only use 2 wires aren’t even trying.

2 Likes

There are several incidents when batteries alone caused fires. A plane caught fire from cases of just batteries in the shipping hold. cars have been catching fire while off and not being charged.
And we are putting them in to almost anything so investors can make a big return faster. Profits before safety. So, what’s new :woozy_face:

1 Like

Which underscores the severity of the additional danger posed by two wire lithium battery chargers.

1 Like