Degoogled Phones

Here is direct link to ShiftOS Beta Versionen, for German-speaking language users (mainly), but the user needs to be registered as tester (perhaps as actual owner, but not sure anymore if this is a prerequisite). Current ShiftOS L comes with only few Apps (like F-Droid and Firefox Klar) preinstalled, but I need to say that the Kamera App is already extraordinary.

Registered users might read (and be actively involved) within ShiftPhones Forum is that focus of this (testing one) ShiftOS L BETA Version lies on:
– Acoustic Echo Cancellation
– LTE Crashes
– WLan Crashes
– Bluetooth Aussetzern

And of course that “manuelle” installation for DAS #LOVEPHONE axolotl Android 10 smartphone is regular option as well. What I can say about it: SHIFT6mq is fully functional degoogled Android 10 smartphone. And for those (that I know off) that cannot live without WhatsApp: it works out-of-the simple manual add-on installation, as standalone application.

@eNZymOrTHe please feel free (judge how important it is to be created here, although important in many aspects) to create new Thread, if justified (as I’m not finding enough courage to do this, not at the moment).

1 Like

Anyone who is thinking about official versions of SailfishOS with support for Android apps should avoid the Xperia X: the Android app support is only at 4.4 so very few current apps now run on it. The XA2 or 10 is a better bet, and it looks likely that 10 II will be the next device with official support. Community builds (without Android app support) are available for several other devices - places to look for more info include XDA Developers and the SFOS forum on talk.maemo.org

I am using an Xperia X, and the situation with Android app support is the reason why I have a backup phone running /e/. I’m reluctant to buy another phone when I’m waiting for the L5. I find the performance of most SFOS apps on the Xperia X to be good: it certainly doesn’t feel like an obsolete model to me.

1 Like

So I currently use Cricket Wireless, which I think uses the AT&T network, and I see this on many of the Braxman degoogled phones…

“Compatible with GSM/CDMA and International use (i.e. works also with Verizon)”

So I can just pop the sim out of my spyphone and put it in a degoogled Pixel 4XL and be good?

I would assume yes, I got a Ting sim, dropped it in and it worked perfectly.

1 Like

I use a similar AT&T MVNO, and they made me get a new SIM. I don’t think it had anything to do with it being a degoogled phone, though, I think their network affiliates the SIM and the phone in some way that causes problems when you swap the SIM. Don’t know if that’s the case for all MVNOs, though.

1 Like