Deleting the games installed on Librem 5

I would like to delete unused apps from phone, ones I know I am not going to use ever. Starting with the games. What is the procedure?
Thank you.

Option 1: Go to PureOS store, tap the “Installed” tab, click “Uninstall” button for each app you want to uninstall. (If the package isn’t listed there, which I’ve noticed sometimes, search for it by name and find the package with an “installed” badge on it.)

Option 2: Determine the package name (which may be different from what you see below the icon in the app grid) for an app you want to uninstall. You can get the app name for all installed packages by running dpkg --list or, for a specific app by a keyword in its name, by running apt list --installed | grep -i a-word-in-package-name in the terminal. (You have to replace “a-word-in-package-name” with an actual word in the app’s name.)

Go to terminal, type sudo apt remove program_name or sudo apt purge program_name. Replace “program-name” with its actual name. (We discussed the difference between these in answer to one of your previous questions.)

To remove a flatpak, of which you probably don’t have any, use Option 1, above, or, in the terminal: flatpak uninstall name-of-flatpak. (Example: flatpak uninstall com.spotify.Client)

By the way, when searching for answers on the internet, you can generally follow any guides you find for Debian or Ubuntu. (PureOS is based on Debian, as is Ubuntu.)

6 Likes

Thank you again amarok!

It seems impossible to delete the default apps installed on the Librem 5.
I have tried all suggestions but without result.
Thank you.

Show us an example.

I can relate, if it’s the 2048 game you are referring to. The package name is gnome-2048 (gnome pages for instance do not list it). It can be annoying when the app name and the file name are not the same and there is no convenient way to match them.

dpkg --list or, for a specific app by a keyword in its name, by running apt list --installed | grep -i a-word-in-package-name in the terminal. (You have to replace “a-word-in-package-name” with an actual word in the app’s name.)

Go to terminal, type sudo apt remove program_name or sudo apt purge program_name . Replace “program-name” with its actual name.
Tried them with the game 2048, no luck.

Thank you JR-Fi,
Succeeded to delete the gnome-2048 game.

With the command sudo apt remove gnome-2048 the first game is history.

You needed just those two:
sudo apt purge phosh-games
sudo apt autoremove

1 Like

Too late! They are gone!
Thank you.

If you have an idea how to delete the default “files” app? I appreciate it.
Thank you

Under the “Installed” tab in the store, it’s called Files, but the actual package name is nautilus (if you want to use the terminal to remove it).

If you also have nemo installed, note that it is also called, simply, Files (but its package name is nemo).

So if you see two instances of “Files” under the “Installed” tab (i.e. because you perhaps have both installed), make sure you’re uninstalling the one labeled “GNOME” in its description.

Right on the dot! Thank you!! :+1:t2:

1 Like

But of course I deleted the wrong “files” nemo is deleted. How can I reinstall nemo?

Just joking!
Thank you