Promote Purism in France/Développer Purism en France

Hi everyone !
I hope this place is the right one to post my message. I’ve been looking around to find some more informations about my question but didn’t manage to find something really relevant.
As a french person myself, I’d like to promote the Librem products in my country (and why not in Europe too but let’s start with the first step).
I’ve heard that there is some people in France involved in the promotion of Purism and I hope that they regularly check the news on this forum. I’d like to meet them and to discuss how we can work together to promote the Librem products in the best possible way.
To say a bit about myself : I’m not a developer nor a programmer, I’m more of an entrepreneur and I mostly work with small companies to help them get a fresh functional website, efficient marketing, useful softwares to run their businesses and secure datas. I work as much as I can with free (as in freedom)/libre softwares and hardwares.

I’m ready to put efforts and also my own administrative company structure to promote the Librem products but I also want to do it the right way, to be aware of how it works, what people to communicate with and so on.

If I ever posted my message in the wrong place, please tell me where I should post it.

Thanks a lot,

Léo

Bonjour tout le monde !
J’espère poster ce message au bon endroit. J’ai cherché par ailleurs des réponses à mes questions mais n’ai rien trouvé de vraiment satisfaisant.
Étant moi-même Français, j’aimerais promouvoir les produits Librem dans mon pays (et pourquoi pas en Europe mais un pas après l’autre).
J’ai entendu dire qu’il y avait des personnes en France impliquées dans la promotion de Purism, aussi j’espère qu’elles parcourent régulièrement ce forum. J’aimerais les rencontrer et discuter de la manière dont nous pourrions travailler ensemble pour promouvoir les produits Librem de la meilleure des manières.
Pour en dire un peu sur moi : je ne suis ni développeur ni programmeur, plutôt un entrepreneur et je travaille principalement auprès de petites entreprises pour les aider à avoir un site web récent et fonctionnel, un marketing efficace, de bons outils logiciels pour faire marcher leur entreprise et utiliser leurs données de manière sécurisée. Je travaille autant que possible avec des logiciels et matériels libres.

Je suis prêt à fournir des efforts et à mettre à disposition mon entreprise pour promouvoir les produits Librem mais je veux aussi le faire de la bonne manière, être bien au courant de la manière de le faire, avec qui communiquer, etc.

Si jamais j’ai posté mon message au mauvais endroit, pourriez-vous m’indiquer où suis-je censé le faire ?

Merci beaucoup,

Léo

4 Likes

I think the headline ‘develop’ is a bit misleading in English. Probably you mean promote/expand?

How about starting a “Purism en français” Matrix Chat channel on librem.one?
Maybe @francois-techene will join if you find some like minded people.
To find some of them, have a look at the keyboard poll.

3 Likes

Thanks, I forgot to make the change as I realized that while typing. Now it’s done.

Ok, many thanks for the suggestions, it is very helpful.

1 Like

Just to say that there is a problem in the sign up mechanism on librem.one, I’m just waiting for news from the tech team to create the chat channel for the promotion of Purism in France.
See you!

Léo

1 Like

Ok, now I have a librem.one account but it seems that I can’t launch a chat channel without going through Google or IOS app stores… is there another way to do so ? Or maybe is it soon coming on F-Droid (like the librem mail and librem social) ?

On F-Droid, for librem mail use K9-mail and for librem social, use Tusky.

Maybe my sentence was not clear: I’ve noticed that it is possible to get the librem mail and the librem social apps from F-Droid but not the librem chat app and this is the one I am interested in.

It’s riot.im on F-Droid.

1 Like

They’re still working on the Librem Chat branded version of riot, AFAIK.

Thanks for your help @Torrone.

Now the channel is active : “Purism en France” / #purismfrance:matrix.org that you can find on riot.im
This is a public one, that can also be find on channel search engine.

Don’t hesitate to drop by to begin a discussion if you are interested in the promotion of Purism in France.

See you!

Léo

Le salon est maintenant actif : “Purism en France” / #purismfrance:matrix.org que vous pouvez trouver sur riot.im
C’est un salon public, qui peut aussi être retrouvé en utilisant le moteur de recherche de salons.

N’hésitez pas à venir y débuter un échange si vous êtes intéressé par le développement de Purism en France.

Au plaisir !

Léo

4 Likes